Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope everyone had as wonderful a day as we did!! It was a lot of work as usual. but always worth it to enjoy a beautiful meal with family and friends.




First up.....the tablescape. I made this runner that I saw on a really neat blog called Its always a party at the Parkers. Its burlap and cornhusks, so inexpensive but elegant. Just my speed :D The white pumpkin was a score for free at Trader Joes and the little goblets are Goodwill. I love putting stuff together like that!!







Next up....FOOD! We had turkey of course, and it turned out delicious, brined and cooked in a bag. It was demolished before I got the camera out though. My friend Alane and I started playing around and pretending we were food photogs for a magazine with all the leftovers. SO fun!!!!

Some culinary highlights: Honey Glazed Ham




Homemade cinnamon orange cranberry sauce:




Dads stuffing...the good stuff!




Alane was in charge of desserts and outdid herself with lemon bars


And Italian Cream Cake...TO DIE FOR (I mean southern baking at its best right here!)





The guests:Dianne and CT, Our friend Alane, Robert (Denise Atom and Logan around somewhere) and me Mark and the kids)




Kiddos and their Grandma Lamb getti ng ready to head out to the traditional post dinner movie


As you can see it was a great day, the Pats AND the Saints won, and now its time for MORE friends and family to come over for some games and, of course, food. I am beyond blessed!!!!


1 comment:

The Tyler's said...

I love that you have pop at thanksgiving!!...reminds me of Noah's family thanksgiving.
You are getting so good at you camera. The pics look great!
Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving!
See you at Christmas!!!