Tuesday, November 02, 2010

This is Halloween!

Does anybody else feel like Halloween was a bit anti-climatic this year?? Halloween on Sunday is LAME. The kids dressed up for our trunk or treat and chili cook-off/carnival thingy on Friday which was really fun. Saturday I was gone all day spending the day with Jen and her sister Deb who was going through the temple. It was a great experience!! It was so great that Mark got to finish the pumpkin carving and then went to Cades basketball game. Our neighbor Matt took the kids to the Spooktacular in the neighboorhood and then Cade had a Halloween party.
.

We did get a LOT of candy, trick or treating or no....

I did get ONE cute halloween project done (at my moms in Montana) I made this candy corn pennant. It turned out really cute :D


Sunday the fun continued and we let the kids dress up and hand out candy and scare people who came to the door. The only one who had a problem with the lack of official trick or treating was Wyatt, who informed me that he had THE worst Halloween in history. Then he proceeded to change into every costume he could put together and moped around. Oh it was SOOOOO horrible for him! LOL We had a big family party (continued from Saturday's temple festivities) and ate lots of good stuff. It was so lovely! It was great to put the kids in charge of handing out candy and the adults got to chill and visit.
And now it is officially the MOST wonderful time.........OF THE YEAR, which is FALL and Thanksgiving! Woop Woop! I have already started preparations, the thanksgiving tree will be up this week (fingers crossed) and I have started Christmas shopping. WOO HOO!

3 comments:

The Tyler's said...

The kids looked great! I love seeing Sadie in the middle of all those rough and tough boys.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Cooper is so scary!! I can't wait for Thanksgiving!!

Maddy said...

Yes, it kind of was a bummer being on Sunday since my kids didn't trick or treat at all, but they still had fun. Your kids looked great!