Monday, October 25, 2010

Montana trip~Girls Weekend!!

The first weekend in October my mom flew Sadie and I up to visit her in Montana for a long weekend. It was so nice to get away and relax and breathe real air :D With all the craziness with the boys, Sadie really deserved a little R&R and a treat too!! We crammed a LOT into the 4 days!


First of all, how amazing is this? I saw this in a little convenience store in the town I want to retire in, Shodoah, MT. 1Cent gum! SO cool!



We hung out at my moms friend MaryLous house and had fun with these :



Mini Fuji Apples growing wild in her yard!



And ADORABLE crab apples! My inner crafty self went into overdrive and I just had all these fun visions of coring these sour mini apples and putting a stick in them and dipping them in caramel and all sorts of coatings and packaging them up in cute little dozens. I need a tree like this :



We went Hiking......SERIOUS hiking!! Up to Hidden Lake. It was all switchbacks uphill and pretty tiring, good thing I'm tough :D It was all wooded and SO green!


This is a little more than halfway up, and YES, we ended up allllll the way at the top where the waterfall starts!! Usually it is a roaring waterfall, but not this time of year.
YAY we made it to the top!! Go us!!!! The water was freezing but we filled up our water bottles and it honestly tasted better and colder than any water bottle you could buy. Like, Fiji water good! Awesome!



Oooh we were sore the next day!! We did some Halloween crafts (which I will do a separate post on) and ate yummy food. On the last day we drove the convertible (weeeeee!) down to a different lake where my moms boyfriend Ron had the boat and we cruised around the lake for an hour or so.

Lookin cute in the convertible mustang, girl!!!

It really could not have been more gorgeous of a weekend!! Warm sun, cool breeze, AHHHmazing!! Thanks mom!!!

1 comment:

The Tyler's said...

What a fun trip for you and SAdie!! Lovin the braces. Those teeny tiny apple would be so perfect for caramel apples!!