Sunday, October 10, 2010

Are you ready for some football??

A lot of my time since August has been devoted to Cade, Cooper and Wyatts football season, so it certainly deserves its own post.


Lets start with the little guy:

Wyatt is blocking here, he is number 77










How cute is he?? When he is not daydreaming he is a good little player with lots of energy and aggression. He is just so Wyatt! His team is doing pretty good, since this is the first season of tackle for all of them. He has learned so much, and has turned into a little football fanatic! I think some of that has to do with the fact that football gear makes you look cool when you wear it :D HAHA


Next is the CoopDog:





I feel bad, Mark has been taking great pictures of the other boys at their games in action, but he is assistant coaching Coops team ,and he is so busy he can't be photographer too. I will get some next week. Cooper has it the roughest because he is by far the smallest on his team, but can't play down because of his age. He does his best to hang with the big boys. We have to hope he makes weight, as in weighing ENOUGH. He is liking everything but the running. He plays safety, and is also learning a LOT about how football works and really gives his best effort and hates letting a run get past him.


And then we have Cadester :D


Here he is playing Quarterback, He has the ball -getting ready to run it in for a touchdown! He's number 81!!




So far his stats this season are fantastic: 3 touchdown runs, somewhere around 200 yards run, 1 Touchdown pass, and 4 sacks. An amazing season on offense AND defense! If he keeps it up, we can look for Cade to have an exciting high school football career!!
So that is what I have been up to. Football. It has been expensive, hot, gas guzzling, traveling, expensive, stressful, fun, and rewarding!! It is amazing to see their self confidence and abilities come out like they have. Cade has been waiting for a long time for his little brothers to get into football like he has, and now he finally has them wanting to play with him and it has been so good for all of them. It sure is easy to forget about all the pain in the butts we go through when we see one of them kicking butt on the field. It makes is all worth it! I get SO anxious when Cooper is playing and waiting for a run to come his way, or when Cade gets running with the ball. I love it and I do feel like it has been really good for them personally and as brothers. I don't know if we will be able to do all 3 at once ever again, and I'm not sure if Wyatt or Cooper will do another season for a while, but it has been a great adventure!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Awesome...I wish I could come down and watch them perform at some point...they are growing up so fast!!