Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Vegas, baby!

Disclaimer: pictureless post, I was too busy having fun. :D

If you know us you know we love some VEGAS! I know it sounds like we are some kind of swingers(LOL!!) or casino rats or something, but we just like to have our little getaways. We go once or twice a year. We are kind of getting a bit of a system down with trial and error. This is what we did this time. Marks main objective is eating. My main objective is sleeping, getting away from my phone and looking cute and Vegas-y. heehee.

Sunday after church we were outta here! YAY. 5.5 hour drive...BOO. So at about 20 miles out from the hoover dam (where you can't pass at ALL) we find ourselves behind this jerky nissan pathfinder that was totally punking us. Going 10-15 mph below speed limit, tapping his brakes if we got too close, etc and generally ticking us (mark) off to no end. We start to notice he was hugging the centerline, then the median, then tapping his brakes when there was oncoming headlights, and now we are thinking "impaired driver" fo SHO. So as we get to the security check at the dam Mark says to the rent-a-cop with the fancy flashlight "hey, this guy in front of us seems like a DUI" to which the security "cop" says "oh, uh-huh. Go ahead, stay to the left" WAH??? Huge eye roll and Mark mumbles a "wow, good job dude" but as we are pulling out the REAL DPS cops off to the side notices that the pathfinder has a broken taillight and scoots in front of us a pulls the guys OVER! WOO HOO! FACE! We were spared from Mr. passive aggressive DUI driver through the whole Dam and out the other side! It was a triumphant moment! LOL

We get to our hotel (Tuscany....all suites, off the strip, pretty nice) and since we were a late check in and they were sold out so we got upgraded. Sunday night was 60 bucks, and monday night was 20 bucks, so an upgrade at those prices was pretty sweet!

We head over to check out the all night cafe at the hotel, and we decide to stay for the midnight to 5 am steak eggs hashbrowns and toast for $3.99. It was REALLY good! We will be repeating that one for sure. We would have done it again monday night but then we'd be messed up again for Marks much anticipated breakfast buffet (involving the giant buffet pan of bacon, you know the one) . By 1 am we were stuffed and exhausted so we crashed on our fabulous down bed with yummy thick sheets. I don't know what kind of sleeping dust they put in that bed but I could NOT wake up the next morning! It was after 10 before I even started to stir. It was deeeelicious! We went and sat out by the pool and I read and Mark bikini watched. LOL! Ahhh what am I gonna do, right?? hee hee Since it took no time at all for our poor white bods to start to sizzle we decided to pack it up and head over to our good friends Swen and Kristi and barbecue with them and their 3 little kids and swim. It was nice and it was fun to hang out and just chat and chill. Mark and Swen have been friends since before their missions, so it was fun.

Next on the agenda.....Dun-Dun-Duuuuunnnn.......the Rio Seafood Buffet, oh yeah! I'm sure I don't get my moneys worth but I'm pretty sure Mark eats his weight in hot crab legs. SO good! I'm not as crazed about it as he is, although I like it a lot, but its like my 5th time now, and I'd like to try another place but IDK where so we stick with the Rio. I did have my first prime rib, and it was pretty amazing. Steak you cut with a butterknife and it tastes like buttah?? Sign me up! Super rich though, along with the crab. While we were at dinner this nice older couple next to us offered us their show tickets for the night, they had gotten them free for going to a timeshare pitch and had heard it was a bit much. LOL Perfect!!

So we go to this show at the Flamingo (which was much nicer that I had expected!) called Vinny Favorito. OH boy. OH boy. It was freaking hilarious. He basically picks on the audience members and makes fun of them and is SUPER politically incorrect. And raunchy. And that is putting it delicately. I thought Mark was going to laugh his face off. Even he got poked at by the comedian about his profession. HILARIOUS!!!! Thank you old people from Idaho, we have been laughing for 3 days about that show.

So we went back to the hotel and crashed for the night, and then got up just in time to check out and hit the breakfast buffet. Mark got his bacon. We just love to people watch in Vegas. It is so fun! On the way out of town we stopped at a casino that has quarter chip roulette where you can play for a loooong time on 20 bucks. Mark was teaching me how to play and it was really fun. I lost a little but he made up for it and had a couple big hits which was exciting! And we were good kids and walked away when we were up. It was seriously fun and exciting. Woowoo me and my 20 dollars LOL We headed home and besides an hour dely at the Dam checkpoint, it was a good ride back and went pretty fast. We had a great babysitter for the kids- my sister Brianna who is living with us now. She kept things on track and kept the troops entertained and happy.It was great knowing she had things so under control.

Can I just say how much I love my getaways with my guy?? He is so fun, and we had a great time. Thank you baby, I love you!!

1 comment:

Kat said...

What a fun trip! I was visualizing so much of it- identifying with you and laughing too! Scott loves the RIO seafood buffet. Traffic at the dam sucks, and I love sleeping in hotels. It's just an invite to sleep as freaking long as you want! See you next week girl!