Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Random Crap I made.....:D

My mom and sisters and I are going to be crafting for the next 2 days and also getting ready for Sadie's summer birthday bash so I figured I better post some stuff I did already so that I don't get too behind.




I made this runner with tassels (it ended up on my entryway table) I love it
And this pillow to match......my first experience with fringe :D

This is my first attempt at the Mango Tango Apron from the A is for Apron book. It has a few flaws so it gets to be mine....all mine! :D It is pretty easy, the skirt is on the bias so it flares a little, its so cute!! I can put one together in about 2 hours start to finish.

This is my first attempt at "Cakeland", also from the A is for Apron book. Not as practical, but SO stinkin cute!! I heart pompoms!!


And then there are THESE::::::


Can I just mention how incredible these cupcakes are?? I'm so sad that the pic is terrible, but these are just tooooooo goooood!! I know they look pretty average, but no. They are the Pioneer Womans Sheet Cake as cupcakes with the best frosting EVER......made with 5 tablespoons of flour, of all things! Also found on the Pioneer Womans site, tasty kitchen. My friend Wendy made them for me before I had a chance to try them, and lets just say I've made them 3 times since then! I seriously want to go make some of that frosting right now. It is really light and super creamy, almost like cool whip, but not. Its not too sugary, it is perfection!! You know if PW says its the best frosting she ever had, run, don't walk to the kitchen to make it!! The sheet cake is so moist, and even better in cupcake form (I tried it both ways :) The link to her site is in my inspiration list on the right hand side.
I did make a couple of other things, but they are not quite finished and I have a couple of adorable aprons that I actually have pre sold that I have to produce :D Fun stuff!

3 comments:

Talita said...

I trust you! I'd love to try one cupcake of these! Gorgeous runner!

Kat said...

I'm going to have to make these!

Jaimee said...

Hello Crafty Lady! Love all the cute things you made---especially the apron with the darling flower up top! Too cute! Also, I am loving Sadie's new bed! Hope you are well, Janel. :D