Ya know how I mentioned that Dayton has been wanting to sew alllll the time, and the other night I was finishing up a project and he was just chomping at the bit to do something.......anything. I had seen this bib tutorial so I found the perfect boy type project. The kid was determined to do it all on his own. I drew up the pattern, and he cut it out perfectly....FYI this kid has some mad small motor skills, he always has. We always joke that he will be a great surgeon someday :D
Then he pinned in to the fabric and the terrycloth and cut them out...perfectly
And if that wasn't enough, he wanted to make a denim flower pin for his teacher. I cut him a strip, and he did the running stitch all on his own. I didn't take a pic, (I know, bad mom!!) I was so tired but it was a cute yo yo style denim flower with a big pearl center and a pin on the back. His teacher loved it and he was so excited to give it to her to put on her 100 pin jacket.
The concentration is so cute :D
I have so many more projects to share, I have been doing lot of sewing and it is so fun! I'm trying not to make my posts so long so I'll save it for another time soon :D

4 comments:
This was the perfect length, with all the pictures...
How fun! I should hire him to make me something...
Oh my! Deeders is looking waaaay to old!! I love that he was so into it! Tell him he has done about as much sewing as I have!
Your kids are SOOO talented!! and he is ADORABLE!!
that's so cute that Dayton likes to sew! Kudos to you too, for finding a project for him :)
Post a Comment