Thursday, December 17, 2009

Its finally time.......





To start enjoying Christmas!! My mom came today and helped me get things back on track at home. I've been working so much I needed a clone and she was the next best thing! Tomorrow I will be chilling all morning while the kids (and I) enjoy they're last half day of school and then it will be full on fun stuff that they want to do. Fun baking, looking at lights, delivering neighbor goodies, Shopping for each other, and playing games. That will be the goal, anyways.


Wednsday night I had the chance to take our acheivement day girls ( ages 8-11) to drop off donations they had collected from our church and neighborhood to the Child Crisis Center. Its where kids are able to go when they get taken from their parents for any number of sad reasons. We had SO much stuff! It was incredible. The donations go straight to that center, and I know we really made an impact for the kids, and the girls were really impacted as well. We could tell how good they felt inside as they were loading the big rolling bins in and stacked the bags and boxes. It was a great thing to do for the Christmas season, and a lot of people worked hard to make it happen.




Tonight we had a party for the kids who live(d) on our old Elgin street. It was great. One of hte best parts was talking to Jill and Noah and the kids on Skype. We still miss you guys terribly!! There is a definite hole that can only be filled by you!! We had a really fun time, the kids made Christmas trees with upside down sugar cones, and had a dollar store toy gift exchange, and the moms had an ornament exchange. These kids(and moms :) just really enjoy each other. After the party we had Cade and Sadie babysit the Rogers and Krassows and us and the adults got some dinner down the street. Hooray for big kids!! They did a good job keeping them entertained. I love this new tradition. Its my turn to host next year, so plan on it!!!



I hate blogging with no pictures, and these are not great flattering shots, but heres a little of my decor this year. I'm still adding and finishing stuff. I still have so much I'd like to do!


Having a hot chocolate break with some kids on the new street :D







I hope everyone can feel at least a little bit of Christmas magic in the middle of this hectic and stressful season! hugs!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your house is so pretty all decorated! Merry Christmas.

The Tyler's said...

YOur tree looks so great!
It was so fun chatting with you guys the other day! It felt like I was right there with you all! We will have to do it again.ro

Marla said...

Your house looks great! Hope you guys had a great Christmas!