Another crazy week down in the books. I really need full time housework help! I really feel at this point I would be better off working full time at a job I could leave every day and concentrate on home stuff when I'm home. Doing 2 home businesses (in addition to the family) are tough!! And I feel guilty about so much that I'm not doing my best at! Really though, every mom has the rampant guilt, right?? And I have no shot at slowing down soon due to ADDITIONAL time cuts at work for Mark, so add on the pressure to work harder and smarter. I guess I'm feeling a little bummed and guilty that we are a week into the Christmas season and despite my great intentions I have yet to do anything fun and Christmas-y with my kids. I did the decorating, but popcorn has killed any desire to additional baking (and I certainly am short on patience for "helpers" or extra dishes to do) and every night I'm so beat and my legs and feet are throbbing. Its sucking all the Christmas out of me!! GAH! I feel so bad I totally missed the fun ladies Christmas party/ornament exchange tonight!! I had been planning on it all week and I completely blanked it out! Today was really stressfull and I guess it just used up all my brain power. I just long for the days where I could clean my house and spend time doing cool decorate-y things and fun Christmas activities and just focus on making the season magical. Right now I'm thrilled that the pizza I got lasted 2 days and I didnt have to cook or do dishes on top of today. Pathetic!
Well lets ditch the pity party and focus on something less dreary, huh?? I don't have as much scheduled this coming week as I did last week (yet) which actually worries me a little because I need some hair appts but anyway, so I'm thinking Tuesday I can take a rest day. That is something good to look forward to! I already have tomorrow nights dinner going, so that is wonderful (roast in the crock pot for shredded BBQ beef sandwiches) and I think I can get a good start on my AWESOME Christmas presents project. Also, my mom was in town this weekend from Montana and we made these:

And I got to spend time with my other mom and my sister who was down from Flag for a little while tonight. And now.......It is 9 o'clock and I am freezing cold so I am heading to my bed with 4 layers of quilts and fleece to wipe this week off my brain and start fresh tomorrow!!
5 comments:
I think you are the most amazing person and mom ever! I can't believe how much you do. Don't feel guilty for what you don't do and be grateful for what you can do. I think most moms feel the same way I know I do. Your kids know how hard you work and they love you for it. Keep you chin up.
I love the music on your blog by the way. I left it up for a while just to listen to it.
Merry Christmas Janel
Your cake pops are FABULOUS!!!!! Love them!!! I can't wait to get back to Arizona!! Love you!
You are amazing, and everyone thinks so! Wish I was there to help clean. I have to be there Friday for a meeting, would you like me to come Thursday and or stay over to Saturday so I can help you clean and make popcorn? Let me know. I love you and really do empathize with you. Wish I could do more. Mom
The pops? Stop it! I love every one of them. I want to make them right now!
Your amazing! Can't wait for next summer to hang out.
You know what I think you should add to the list: home schooling.
HA HA HA HA!
Post a Comment