Monday, August 03, 2009

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho.............

Its back to school they go!! All of them....All day!!! I have waited years.....and years......and years!! Seriously, I adore my kiddos to pieces, but for the last 10 years or so, during those tough days and weeks and months of diapers, toddler tantrums, bottles, kids at the grocery store, foregoing stuff I wanted to do (like go to the scrapbook store, out to lunch with girlfriends, matinee movies) and keeping a cleaned up house for more than 10 minutes, the future promise of this day has kept me going, and given me hope that I could have a minute to be a person instead of a human barf catcher or live-in maid. The day has finally arrived!!!! And I can pretty much guess that from this day on, I will be trying as hard as I can to keep them all close to me and not want them to grow up any more! :D I'd love to just freeze time, right now. No babies, No teenagers (for the next 3 months) I'm living in the parental "sweet spot" right now, and I want it to stay like this....forever!!!

7th, 6th, 1st, 2nd, and 4th!!!

I adore Sadie in this picture..........And the boys INSISTED on wearing jeans......crazy boys!



Anywahoo, They were so excited for today. The anticipation was tangible last night, I remember that feeling of the "jimmy legs" as you were trying to settle down the night before school. They all got blessing from Mark, we had a little family home evening where I introduced the family theme for the semester, and we played a game of Settlers.It was the perfect start to the year. Dayton was super excited, he loves his teacher and classroom already since we visited it at meet the teacher. Of course for my kids, the biggest treat was getting to wear their new shoes. And use the new lunchboxes. The 3 little boys all picked the same GI Joe lunchbox. Funny kids. I made breakfast, but nobody ate very much, they aren't used to eating so early! I made scrambled eggs and bacon, so hopefully the protein they did eat will stick with them until lunch.


These 2 start school an hour later than the elementary kids-

Poor Cade and Sadie missed their middle school open house night because of vacation, so they were a little anxious, especially Sadie! I took them early so they could get their schedules and look around to get their bearings for all the different buildings. The buildings are well marked (its a brand new school, which is fun)and I was able to kind of show them how the numbering system works, so I think they will be OK. And I reminded them that pretty much every other kid is going to be lost too, so don't feel stupid. Sadie found her friend Heather pretty quick and that was relieving, and then I turned around and Cade was long gone, so hopefully he found his friends. Then I was standing there all by myself, so.....I left :D

And now I'm home, Mark will be getting up soon, and we have the day to do something fun!

3 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

"Sweet Spot" -- very cool!!! Enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting for you!

The Tyler's said...

Dang..I have lots of years to get to the "sweet spot". You bet I'm counting down the days. You are right..that picture of Sadie is so great. She is growing up too fast. I'm still mad about her not being our permanent babysitter!
BTW..Noah is singing and dancing to the song from your blog right now. It's really funny.
That's funny the boys wanted to wear jeans in the 115 heat. I am loving the combed hair. They all look great for the first day of schoo. I can't wait for B to start in a month.