Ok so I started getting back into the fitness/working out thing last week. I really like my gym and I thought I'd try out a bootcamp style group workout that they offer (For FREE) so I went to my first one last night. HOLY CRAP was it hard! I seriously almost died, but it was great about an hour later :D I called Mark on my way home and literally started bawling. I was just toasted. It was core and cardio for an hour, minute and a half sets between core exercises and then we had to run to a machine and go at a set pace for a minute and a half, no resting, 14 stations. It was brutal. Then today I went back for another session from 3-4, except it was upper body instead of core, and same cardio. It was really hard, not quite as bad as yesterday but seriously tough. The cardio kils me, we have to run at a 15 degree incline at a 4.o pace! About 30secs in I'm burnt! Its like the longest minute and a half of my life, repeated 15 times! Its exactly what I need to be doing....So I'm going back tomorrow for Legs/cardio. Help!!!
7 comments:
Wow! Good for you!
My treadmill doesn't even incline that high .... it stops at 10 and that kills me .... can't imagine 15. WOW.
Are you nuts? You go girl! I am so proud of you. Keep up the great work. Hugs, Bobbi Jo
Janel, you crack me up. So far, I've watched the first two videos you've sent me. I told myself to keep an open mind about the dancers because I'm a bit of a ballet snob. But I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed watching these videos. I can see why you're addicted. When is the show on?
As for bootcamp - you are crazy. And amazing.
crazy woman!
:)...and I am getting the impression that you don't want your dog anymore.
Keep it up! The first couple weeks are the worst. I'm glad you are liking your gym.
Sounds like you guys are already having an eventful summer. I feel bad we are doing nothing all summer. I guess we will be taking a big three year vacation...but I wish it was only for a week!
OMG (oh my "gosh" ) Janel, I feel for you (sorta, I doubt I ever worked as hard as you! You kick butt!!)
I'm slightly jealous (odd huh?) considering I don't get my "body" to myself for another 8 weeks, (boo hoo, poor Amy ;).
Keep it up. You seriously inspire me. And trust me when I say I am doing Iron Girl again this year, WITH YOU at my side!!
Post a Comment