Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Back From Utah!!

We are back from our awesome trip to UTAH!! It was very short, which was too bad but we packed as much fun in the time as we could. I went with my MIL Dianne, and we took Sadie too. We left super early and got there by about 5. We found Maureen and had a lovely dinner with her friend Leslie and her family. Then we went to Marks cousin Christines where we were going to stay and had fun catching up and playing games. Dianne and Moe went to visit another friend from Panama so it was just Sadie and I. It was so fun getting to know Christines darling kids, what a bunch of cuties!! They made us so at home. Sadie had a blast with their kids, and they just included her right in what they were doing. She wants us to move to Alpine and buy a big house with a theater room and 2 dishwashers just like Christine's :D LOL Bless her heart! :D


Sadie was staying in Rachel's room, she was loving it, it was gorgeous!



The next morning we got up early and took Raquel to her first day of LDS Business College and shopped till we dropped (literally for Dianne and I!!) at the fabulous Gateway Mall.

My MIL Dianne, Raquel, my SIL Maureen, and me ready to hit the Gateway


(Sadie stayed at the house and slept in and played with the kids so it was perfect.) We even went and all got fitted for new bras at Victoria's Secret since their bras were 40% off. Talk about girl bonding time!!!! LOL It was great. We ate delicious lunch and then headed to yet another mall to look for clothes for Moe. I was on a quest for the perfect summer sandal, but I was out of luck in that department. I'm not giving up yet. I want something like this:


Anywhoo......We had fun. And then that night a bunch of a the Lamb cousins that live in the area all came out to Steve and Christines and had a cookout (and brought yummy stuff!!) and got to know Raquel. I hope she feels like she has lots of fun people to be there if she needs anything while she is there at school. It is her first time living in the United States and is starting her first year of college, so it is pretty overwhelming. She has grown up in Panama all her life, and this will be a big change. She seems up for it though, I'm so excited for her!




It was chilly, and rainy, and perfect weather. Here was my view on Tuesday afternoon as we sat around and chatted. LOVE!!





I loved seeing everybody who came over. Some of us sat around for a few hours telling stories about the "older" generation and having some good laughs. I am so amazed at the wonderful people I get to be associated with in Marks family, they are great GREAT people!

This picture is just the Lambs, not the spouses, but I love the spouses too!!





Here are a few pictures of us before we left this morning:





Lastly, on the way home this morning we picked up my SIL Jenn's sister, who will be staying with Dianne for a while. It was an emotional leaving for her but she is ready to get things turned around for herself and we are going to have a lot of fun with her here.

4 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Janel,
Glad you made it home safe and had a great time. Good luck on the sandal. I will keep my eyes open for you. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

The Tyler's said...

What a fun trip...I'm jelous. I so love Utah. How fun for you and Sadie to take a little girls trip together. I can't wait to do that with my Sadie! What an amazing house!

Maddy said...

How fun to just get away. It looks like you had an amazing time. You guys have a great family :D

Amber said...

Janel! I love your hair!!! It looks great! What a fun girls trip :) I cannot wait to do that stuff with Adysen. I have missed you at the last couple GNO...always something going on here and can never break away! You look great!