Can I just say how much I dislike the ice cream truck(s) around here?? S E R I O U S L Y!! We have more than one, but there is one in particular. I am ready to scream!! (and not for ice cream!) She comes every DAY and sometimes more than once. I understand, between us, the next door neighbors, and 3 other houses within sight there is 18+ kids. And they ALL know where to raid their parents stashes for change. Car consoles, tops of dryers, random baskets, closet shelves, junk drawers, couch cushions, floor of the master closet, if they want change they will find it. And the kids have like these ears that seemed to be specially tuned in to hear the tinkling sound of the music from a half mile away. So they have their money and have their treats bought before we poor retarded parents have the chance to even figure out whats going on. I have never despised the song "Popeye the Sailor man" so much in my life. Can she at least get a new song if she's going to literally PARK the stupid van in FRONT of my freaking house for 15 minutes a day?? And I have pretty good kids, but its like they hear the song and they will do whatever it takes no matter what rules they have to break to get their stupid treats. They sneak, and if one kid dosen't have a quarter to get something, they will all pitch in and everybody gets something. Which is actually nice. I guess. However, On Sunday, we found Dayton 3 STREETS away with the 5 year old neighbor boy standing in line at the ice cream truck. WHAT???? There will be no ice cream buying this week for ANYone. I've totally had it.
On the dog front, all is still well. He is doing great and being a very good calm boy. I got a tip of where to get him groomed for cheap where I don't have to have a shot record, and he got a real good bath today. He came home with a bandanna on. Funny. He does still sneak off and mark his territory which really ticks me off but he is getting fixed in a couple weeks so that will take care of that. We are all liking Mack the dog. He's cool.
I spent the afternoon with Sadie at the Swapmeet selling popcorn. If was pretty good, but kinda slow for a Saturday. We didn't do bad for just a couple hours. But now I''m tired. I've had an extremely busy week. I know, shocker. :D Mark is working (yay, an extra shift!!) and it's gonna be pizza and baths and BED. And then I'm working on a COOl new popcorn flavor. Its top secret, it will be fun if it works. We are going to be selling at the Ostrich festival for sure too so that is exciting and very scary because it is a really big deal.
I'm too tired to put up pictures tonight, but I will soon.
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

9 comments:
It never failed on my mission that we would be telling the Joseph Smith story and the stupid ice cream truck would come by blasting some obnoxious song just as were are trying to bear our testimonies and feel the spirit!
I have a BRILLIANT idea. You should go buy a TON of ice cream and sell it to your kids for cheaper than the ice cream truck. Then keep their money and turn around and buy them more :D
Oh my. My boys haven't figured out what an ice cream truck even is yet. And this makes me want to keep it that way for sure.
Something in me loves a good rant, so thank you for sharing your pain!
Sorry about the ice cream annoyance. Good luck with the neutering thing. Both mine were neutered as pups and they both have to mark when we go outside....I think it is a male dog thing.
I am with you and that stupid ice cream truck. Gabby goes crazy when she hears it. One day she had $7 from her Birthday and she blew it on that truck.
Saturday Faith bought what they call a "Fart Bomb" and set it off in the upstairs hall. OH MY GOODNESS it was disgusting. It took over 15 minutes for the smell to go away. I wonder if we can ban them from the neighborhoods.
Hope you feel better after the rant. Hugs, Bobbi Jo
LOL yes we've been thru the Fart Bomb too, they are forbidden for sure. Gross!I so wish we could ban the whole thing! Or at least restrict the day/time.
Janel - I saw your note from ages ago saying Hi to me..and now I am saying Hi to you back. I hope all is well. I can't wait to read your rant. :)
Yes the dreaded sound of the ice cream truck. I just love how the kids think they are going to die if they don't get one! good luck on the festival. maybe i can talk chandler into going. hope to see you soon!
When my kids were little I told them it was just a music truck. Then my dad blew it for me and bought them an ice cream when I wasn't around!
My sister told her kids she paid the ice cream man $100.00 to never come down her street for the whole summer. She figured it was cheaper than buying all 7 kids ice cream.
Post a Comment