Sunday, February 15, 2009

Holiday

Did everyone have a lovely Valentines day?? Ours wasn't too bad, althought we had it early. This weekend we spend getting ready for popcorn sales, Mark had to work both weekend nights for the NBA weekend, and I told Sadie that I'd put together her class valentines party since her boy teacher wasn't too interested in doing it. Her class was just so happy to have a party so I didn't have to do anything too fancy. Literally, they ate and we played hangman. 5th grade, what can I say?? Sadie was the class hero because she convinced her teacher to have the party. Funny kids. Mark and I snuck away for lunch at Cravings while the kids were at school. That was it. We tried to make it sorta romantic. And I got him the new Enya CD even though we said no gifts. Finally I one-upped him!

Saturday morning I had put out valentines plates and lame-o little bags with some candy in them out on the table before the kids got up. I was in getting ready and I could hear their little feet running around upstairs waking each other up. Dayton sneaks up into my bathroom and whispers "Mommy do we have to wait upstairs until you come down with us??" Referring to how we go down on Christmas moring. LOL I'm like, uh, no, you can just go. :D So cute, it made me wish I had sone something better for them. I made them all a special breakfast of scrambled eggs, cinnamon toast and chocolate milk. Then we scattered for the day to our many various activities. Saturday night My MIL came over for yummy soup dinner and we watched the Wedding Date. It was cute and a good chick movie for a couple of dateless ladies. :D

Good things coming up this week, I won't have much time for blogging. If you are wondering what I am up to it will be one of these activities:

Cleaning
Painting
projects
decorating
sewing
party planning (can't wait for friday!!)
making popcorn for the gunshow this weekend


Unfortunately sleeping is not on this list. :D

4 comments:

Maddy said...

I love the Wedding Date! Sounds like a great V-day!! I wouldn't worry about not doing more - then they don't have crazy expectations.

Amber said...

Ditto on the v-day gifts Maddy...You did a great job Janelle! I am always amazed and so motivated by your House work list. You go GIRL!

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Glad you had a date with Mark. Bummer about him having to work.
Kiddos are usually so easy to please with just the little things out of the ordinary for the holidays.
Hope you get some sleep.
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

lizlaughs said...

Janel - it was so fun to see you! I think I left the paper that had your blog on it at your house. Then I looked at Holly & Marcie's blog and saw your comment and was so glad.

Your house is beautiful, your kids are so cute.

Thanks for inviting me, we'll have to do that again some time.