Saturday, February 21, 2009

Updates finally-with picture!

So much has been going on! Where do I even start??? I guess I'll start with what I have pictures of. Anyone who knows me will be totally shocked to hear that we got a DOG. I know, ew, not for me! We are not dog people whatsoever. Not me, not Mark. One of his co-workers found him and asked us if we could take him (he already has 2 big dogs) and Mark and Cade went to "look" at him, which we all know spells trouble. The kids have been asking us forever for a dog too of course. When they brought him back I actually started crying because I just couldn't stand the thought of a dog. But then I guess he won me over, plus if we gave him back to the guy he was going to take him to the pound and he'd get put down. He's a bulldog breed, and for that matter kind of a reject of his breed. He's definetly NOT cute, but he grows on you. He dosen't jump, he's house trained, he's too short to sniff crotches, I haven't had to feed, water or walk him because the kids do it, he dosen't bark (not even at other barking dogs) and has already been learning some things we've been teaching him. He basically lays around and chills out all day but has fun playing with the kids when they are around. He's actually kind of funny, he teases us! We don't let him on the furniture, but if he sees Mark is going to sit in his chair he'll run ahead and jump in his spot. He did it to me once too. Punk. :) And he keeps our floors clean :D The downside, he is kinda smelly, even after a bath and he has marked a few times here and there and he needs to get neutered. We will have to have him checked out and get his rabies shots too. Anyway, the kids are thrilled, and so far he meets the criteria for sticking around so I guess he's staying. We named him Mack as in Mack truck (the logo is a bulldog) so everyone say hi to Mack!



He's super nice, lets see how it goes.





On Thursday I got to chaperone Cade's 6th grade to the Renaissance Festival. We had never taken the kids so I took the opportunity. It was really fun. If I had an extra 300 bucks laying around it would be fun to take all the kids. Anyway we had a fun time and Cade's group was well behaved. We had giant turkey legs and watched sword swallowing and jousting and saw lots of fun things and people. Heres Cade doing knife throwing and watching the joust. Fun times.







It was the first time I ever chaperoned for Cade, how sad is that?? Oh well it was a good one. Next week I'm going to the museum with Dayton.



Monday I spent painting my stairwell. Yikes. It is so HIGH up there and my legs were dead the next day from going up and down the ladder a gazillion times. It turned out ok. I struggled with my ceiling line, but considering i was 30 feet in the air with my face 4 inches from the wall trying to paint straight, it's not too bad, I'll live with it because I won't be redoing it anytime this century. At one point I was on the ladder on the stairs with one side of the botton of the stair balanced on 2 nested stepstools and a paperback book, with Mark holding it steady. *insert scream* I painted the whole upstairs as well, and got rid of all the blue but I don't have a pic of that yet.










Blogging to come: Awesome fun GNO with my jr high/high school friends and lots more projects

10 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Janel,
EKK! I am not a fan of tall ladders myself. It looks great!
Glad you had fun with Cade. Enjoy the pictures!
I know what you mean about the smell of dogs. It doesn't matter how many baths they still have that dog smell. But I do love the ones I have. Great protection! Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Amber said...

The painting job looks great! We are in the middle of finally painting Adysen's room and that has turned into quite the disaster...which reminded me why i don't paint..lol

I am so not a dog person either, but Titan definatley grew on me even though he was a spaz!

Renaissance Festival looks like soo much fun. My boys would totally love the knights and all that jazz.

Casey said...

Oh Janel! The stairwell turned out so nice, I love it!! Can I just say that I am completely stunned right now that YOU got a DOG!!! I actually think Mack is very handsome and I LOVE that he runs ahead of Mark and sits in his seat!!!! Miss you guys!

caseyann said...

He he you got a dog. i could just fall over right now! i think he is a cutie. i'm sure the kids are in heaven. the stairs look great!! hope to hang out soon.

Burwell's Bits said...

Looks great!!!! You are amazing. Congrats on the dog. Bubba will be so jealous. I will call you I need a haircut. Enjoy your new running partner!

Katie DeRusha-Johnson said...

Ok deffinatly isn't the cutest dog but I would have to say I'm jealous I love dogs! And seriously Cade looks older everytime i see him or a picture of him. weird.

K. Lamb said...

Congrats on your dog. I love dogs. I didn't know you went to NKOTB. I saw your pics. Awesome- I loved them. That concert was a blast. I also loved the paint job. I have a high wall going up my stairs and I dread having to paint it. It needs to be done so thanks for the motivation.

Maddy said...

The painting looks GREAT! I can't believe you got a dog! You're a sucker.

Jodi said...

I love the stairs - great colors. How scary I know EXACTLY how tall that wall is- got one just like it, hehe.

Christine said...

I know how you feel about the dog! Ours is growing on me as well. I am so not a dog fan. Oh and the sniffing crotches! Yeah- I agree!!! Ours will be big enough so we have to train him not to because I hate that. Also your cute son looks like he is in heaven! Good luck.