Well so many things going on. We just got back from Las Vegas a little while ago. It was SO fun! It was actually a business trip, but we made the most of it. We ate. A lot. I mean a LOT, and it was soooooo good! The seafood buffet at the RIO did not dissapoint. And I sure do love those fresh made omlettes for breakfast. MMMM! We got a room for 25 bucks, and it was a really nice room with a good bed and pillows. Mark had MLK day off so we took advantage. I hate people being all mysterious about what they are up to, so here is what we have going on.
Well I have been whining to everyone who will listen about how bummed we are that Mark can't work any extra hours anymore. He worked 40 hours last week and it was like a vacation compared to what he is used to. We've known for a while about it but now it is going to actually start affecting us BIGtime so we have to do something to make a little extra. He had the idea to sell this really yummmy popcorn we make as a side business at venues and such. Of course once you start getting into all the details of actually getting licenses and packaging and designing lables and all that it gets a bit much. Not impossible by any stretch, but its a LOT. So long story short we got connected with some people who want to try to package our popcorn for us and make our lives a gazillion degrees easier, so we went to meet with them, see their operation and talk turkey so to speak. It was a REALLY good meeting, we got a lot of questions answered and we really like this idea. I will be sending them our recipe and we will have to try to adapt it to a bulk processing, which may or may not work. In addition we were able to see their product and we really like it and may will be doing some outside sales for them blah blah blah. We really liked them and what they are doing with their business and how they are doing it so it would be a good venture. There are still a few things we have to decide on/work out before we know if we can for sure go forward with it all but it looks really good. There are a LOT of possibilities and different directions to go. It was great to get some feedback from someone who has done what we want to do. It is exciting! They really liked our popcorn too, he ate a bunch of it and they don't have one that tastes like that either. Its exciting! But I see a LOT of work ahead of us. We have another couple doing this with us which is really good, to help us figure this all out. It has been really fun so far.
So that is our big thing going on. It will be the perfect side business for Mark on his days off and me with the kids getting bigger and in school and all. Don't worry I'll still be doing hair :D
So now we are back, we missed the kiddos(OK we were gone for a whopping 30 hours! LOL) but life starts early in the morning and we are tired, its been a big long day.
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

6 comments:
What -- no pictures from Vegas? I guess what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas??
HAHA well I took one with my phone but I don't have a cord to get it off! I guess I could have had one taken with our faces buried in hot crab legs........or driving in the car.......thats about all we did :D
Yeah! I'm so glad it went so good. I was thinking about you guys all weekend wishing I was in Vegas..even a short trip to Vegas is fun!
See you tonight!
Janel,
Glad thing went well. I will keep you in my prayers that things work out for you.
You gotta love the great food places at Vegas.
Bobbi Jo
That is a FABULOUS idea!!! good luck!
What a great ideal and opportunity! I so want to try your popcorn and I am totally craving crab legs now! hehe. Good luck on everything and we too will keep you guys in our prayers. Wouldnt it be nice if money wasnt such an issue all the time????
Post a Comment