Monday, January 05, 2009

And the Party goes on.......

We had such a fun time in Thatcher with my family. Actually on New Year's we kind of drug up and went to bed early with no hoo-rah. However Thursday and Friday night we really partied it up. We started playing games and just couldn't stop. We laughed and had so much fun and ate way way too much junk food till after 1 am on Thursday and after 2am on Friday. It was my bro Jason, my sis Emily, her boyfriend Trent and my parents. We played Phase 10 (which I won) and then Scattergories. We hadn't played that one since our big trips to Canada back in the day. After my dad joined in, I remembered why! LOL Just kidding (sort of) we just pretended he was one of the kids. Yeah, ok, sure, dad, We'll give it to you. LOL So after having to get up at a decent hour on Saturday and driving home, I've been pretty wiped out. I'm almost caught up now. Along with late night games we also made the most of the country and had a fire like we usually do.







My kids are a bunch of Pyros! We had a weenie roast and then I made some wicked awesome S'mores.






Also at the top of the agenda for a Thatcher trip is my dad's new VERY authentic Swedish Sauna. Complete with wood burning stove to heat the rocks and hot water trough. If you are legit you call it a "Sow-nah" but I am not legit because I choose to pronounce it like a regular joe and call it a "sah-nah". I still enjoyed it. It is made of real cedar and barn wood, it is lit only with real kerosene lanterns, and to rinse off you have to use an authentic sauna bucket. I love it because he takes the boys and he cleans them up and washes their hair for me. They come in all rosy and smooth. My dad made the sauna himself (with only a little help) for all of us and it is prettty sweet! We love it, dad!


This wood block hanging in this upper picture is what weighs down the door to keep it closed. Like I said,authentic!

Front View, notice the door handle made from real antler....inner door is too. This front part is actually soon to be a weight room, the sauna is in the back of the building.



My parents took us all to lunch at the Taylor Freeze. You know the kind of place, they have them in the little towns, with the super yummy burgers and shakes. Where you always go in to order because the drive thru takes half an hour. It makes me miss the Polar Queen and Daley Freeze in Payson UT.



This is the kind of fun stuff we do in Thatcher. It's kind of like going to a cabin except it is a regular house and my family takes care of us and lets us eat all their food :D And my mom keeps my laundry done for me if I bring it up. We LOVE Thatcher!
FYI I am making my fitness blog public (as soon as I take off some pictures! LOL) just because I need the accountability. Not that you need to read it, but now you can if you are bored.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had loads of fun!

Love the authentic sauna!

Maddy said...

Now I want a smore! Thatcher always sounds like so much fun!!!

Rachelle Urness said...

Sounds like fun! How is your family! HI Janel it is Rachelle Woods! I made a post on your christmas card! I got to your blog through Jamiee's! I have thought about you often! What a beautiful family you have! Email me and I will add you to my blog! (: elle007@cox.net

EmilyLemily said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! I sure missed you and all the kids at Kent and Nancy's, though...it was weird to not have the older kids there!

top knot extensions said...

I found your blog on josh and kaylas. Your kids are getting so big!!! I am so glad I can keep up with you guys now!! I hope you dont care that I added you to my family blog list on my blog.