


At the park in Thatcher with my mom
then home, family b-day party for Wyatt and Dayton, (more on the b-day boys later) then 2 days later a trip to San D, (more on that later once I get more pics from my mom) then home, CRAZY primary on Sunday(but I have the best job as chorister) then today, Monday....
We had the second party for Wyatt and Daytons b-day. Daytons actual b-day was today so I switched babysitting co-op with Maddy so I could kill 2 birds with one stone (and since the kids were out of school anyway) We had the mother of all birthday parties. I couldn't even count them all, because nobody was still enough to make sure I got it right. Well, I finally figured out that I had 19, yes 19 children between ages 2 1/2 and 11 at my house from 10 - 1. Yikes. Oh yeah, and it was just me. Until finally while desparately trying to cook and serve pizza, Sadie and I were too overworked so I had to wake Mark up (yes, he was actually sleeping through the maylay) and he came and helped (sorta). We played basketball shootout, ran races, duck duck goose, red rover, and jumped on the trampoline (eek) Ate pizza, opened presents, whacked the pinata, then had cupcakes and it was over. The kids had a great time, even though it was a weak theme and really casual. All they want to do is play outside and play with the new toys anyway. I think it was a success. I would have liked to take more pictures, but it was hard because there was just so much going on that I hardly had a moment to think straight to get the camera out. I did snap a few and I got some video too.


Right after the party I had all 5 kids scheduled for the dentist, so we scurried off to that, it went well and no cavities. YAY! Then we hit the chiropracter and home to get ready for the Church FHE party we were in charge of. We hit a few frustrating snags with keys and such, but I didn't have to do very much (thanks, Kat and everybody who brought stuff!!) and also in the process I left Marks debit card in the ATM so now I'm in the doghouse, but in my defense I was a little brain dead from the party. Come ON!! The pizza party was fun and we just got to chill and chat which is what we like to do best anyway. And it was COLD! The lowlight of the party for sure was Cooper being kicked in the stomach and crotch by another kid, which I am getting more and more furious about as the night goes on. BAH! I can't go into it, but I don't feel like I did the right thing by not doing more about it after the fact, whether it would have done any good or not, I should have said more but I let Mark talk me out of it. Thats all I can say about it, I'm just really mad.
As for the rest of spring break what do I have scheduled???? N O T H I N G.

4 comments:
Happy birthday boys!
Janel you are truly my hero!!!!
You let me know who did that, and I will give him a piece of my mind! Is he okay?
And I TOTALLY forgot it was their birthday! Tell them happy birthday for me. Let me know when you are coming to the pageant, and I will make sure and keep an eye out for you. I only go out into the crowd after the show, but you can catch me 30 min before by the cast entrance FYI.
i consider 5 kids an excuse equal to if not better than being pregnant. LAZE AWAY! lol
i mean... lets motivate each other to get busy! we'll be moving there as early as february, then you and i can motivate in person
ps i almost typed something about mark being absent from your blog, but then there he is! i really need to get on the other side of my camera sometimes
WHew -- that party sounded CRAZY! 19 kids? And most of them from or street even. CRAZY! I think we had 2o something for Nate's but half of the mom's stayed and I needed a nice stiff drink after it ;D You did a great job.
The FHE was so much fun. You are awesome. Enjoy relaxing for the next few days. Did you get a break packet? We did and I am SO SICK OF IT!
Post a Comment