Sunday, March 02, 2008

Blessing #6 DVR!!

Anyone who uses DVR or TiVo knows......once you've had it there is no going back. Its like cell phones, how in the cotton-pickin world did we survive without it?? I love the pausing when you have to deal with a kid, the rewinding live TV when you missed what they said, fast forwarding the commercials, and the fact that an hour long show only takes about 35 minutes to watch. No more looking for blank tapes, trying to figure out the stupid recorder on the VCR, hoping you're not recording over something you needed or hoping that the timer worked if you have to leave or hoping you had enough tape left. Oh yeah, then what do you do with all the tapes you recorded after you watch it?? That was like the dark ages!! LOL I tried to watch AI the other night in real time and I couldn't fast forward the commercials, and I swear I was having anxiety attacks having to wait through the commercials. I would NEVER try to watch Lost in real time, I'd be a basket case (more than usual) by the time it was halfway over. DVR rules!!!!!

WOW I am way behind on blessings!!! I better catch up this week!

9 comments:

Marla said...

I don't have Tivo or DVR, you lucky duck! I fear that I will be living in the dark ages forever!!!! :( Help me!!!!

KatieFeldmom said...

Another great blessing. I would be lost without one and I actually watch less TV because of it.

Casey said...

Digital recorders - next best thing to sliced bread! Forget about it!

Marcie and Holly said...

We totally agree! The DVR/TiVo is the BEST invention EVER!!! We wish our parents would get it becasue we always want to rewind/fast forward, but we can't

Aimee said...

Watching Tv in real time is no longer a possibility! Commercials? Come on!

The Tyler's said...

Before we got it I didn't know what all the fuss was about. Now that I have I don't know how I lived without it!
Can't wait for AI tomorrow night! Who do you like??

Amy F. said...

I totally agree. I can not stand watching live TV. If I have to I'll pause it and just go do something else for 10 minutes just so I'm not "sitting" through commercials! DVR rules!!

Maddy said...

I LOVE DVR! My kids are so spoiled though. They were wacthign TV at my parent's house and they kept asking us to rewind. I tried to explain to them that not all TVs rewind and pause.

Pamela said...

Don't have one.. not sure if that is good or not ~lol~