Sunday, March 23, 2008

Another Easter for the books




Well, Its an Easter for the book of stuff that was pretty uneventful. Of course I'd take that over the "Easter of the big accident" or the "Easter of the big catstrophe" So I'd say it was a success. My only regret was that I forgot to take pics of the kids looking so cute with their haircuts and whatnot. I got a stylin new dress and I didn't get a pic of that either. But we will look pretty much the same next week so I'll get one next Sunday. No big deal. And the boys room is trashed. Ugh. See how laid back and cool I can be when things aren't perfect?? LOL I even used cream of mushroom in place of cream of chicken in my scalloped potatoes tonight and it was fine, even though the recipe CLEARLY called for cream of chicken. Apparently nobody else on my street eats crappy casserole type food so I couldn't borrow any. :D It worked out just fine. I guess I need to update my style of cooking and be a little healthier. I also bought WAY too much pie. So I sent almost an entire lemon merengue to work with Mark tonight. I try to send in food whenever I can so that I will be the cool wife. :D Poor guy is sick, I doubt he will make it through his whole shift, he's miserable and overworked. A person can only work 60 hour weeks of the graveyard shift for so many months until it finally catches up with him, I think that is what happened.



I did get a couple of pictures of the Easter egg hunt that we had in the neighborhood Saturday morning. I LOVE our neighborhood, everyone is so fun. Eater egg hunting was pretty sweet for me, because I had the big kids do it all. They filled and counted the eggs, then Cade hid them all for me. I'm really loving having the big kids be more reliable for that stuff. I'm about ready to send Cade on his bike to Fry's across the street to pick me up some random thing I need one of these days. Not, now, but the day is coming really fast. ANYWAY After the egg hunt we colored eggs, then I chilled and took a nap and then played for a baptism and them went to the Easter pageant. It was really good. It totally put me in the Easter spirit. I wish Cade could have seen better, but he's too cool to sit on my lap apparently. He was frustrated that he couldn't see, which irritated me. But above all it was a great thing to do the night before Easter.


And best of all.......tomorrow is the last day of spring break, and I can get back to my regularly scheduled life. YAY!!!

4 comments:

The Tyler's said...

Well you didn't call me for cream of chicken. I totally had some!
We had so much fun with you all at the Sat. Easter egg hunt. Thanks for letting my kids come decorate eggs!

Maddy said...

Ha ha! Sorry you never found any cream of chicken. I told you Jill would have some!!!!

I love our neighborhood too! Everyone is so much fun and the kids are all so cute. Now that the craziness of playgroup disasters has worn off and my couch has been de-stickered, I'm feeling bad. Like I need to apologize to all the kids for being such a grinch!

Marcie and Holly said...

Happy Easter to your fam! We expect to see pics at church next week! We really do need to do lunch. Do you still have our mom's ph#? If so, call us!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pics! Your little ones are SO cute.

Happy Belated Easter!

Hope Hubby feels better really soon!