Saturday, December 08, 2007

Weekend update

I still don't have anything exciting to blog about. Friday was really pretty good. Friday night our ward hosted "A Night In Bethlehem". It was really fun. We had a ton of people there, which was great. I was in charge of the program, which I thought was a big job until I saw what other people were doing, then I was really grateful I had way less work than a lot of others. My main thing was running the actual program, which ended up being not too big of a deal. Our song went good, and I think at the end the spirit was really strong when we sang Silent night as a whole group. It was dark in there with the white Christmas lights overhead and the star lit up. I wish I could have seen it from the back of the room, but I was kinda busy LOL. Well now its over and I feel the pressure lifted off, yay! But then.....

Mark and I made the schedule of the activities that our family needs to do for the holidays, and it will really keep me busy. I know this is why I got all my shopping and decorating done early so I'd have time to do all the thigs we like to do this time of year, but I certainly don't feel "relaxed" or "Chilled" when I look at my calendar. Some of the stuff we still need to do as a family are:

Bake and deliver( simple this year...no cookie exchanges or anything nutso like that)

See Temple Lights

Sing to various single elderly grandparents (this is a WHOLE afternoon of driving as a family. We had a great time last year though)

Take various kids shopping for each other.

It dosen't sound like that much, but Mark is only available 2 nights per week and there are only 2 weeks left, so that is why we have to schedule things. Tomorrow night is dinner with my MIL to watch the Christmas brodcast that we taped last week.

Today was nice. I did a lot of hair (cha~ching) and then spent over 3 hours with Cade trying to find him some running shoes (not as easy as you'd think to find an 11 year old some decent shoes within a certain budget- we went 4 places!)and since we were out together he did his shopping for Sadie. He refused to carry the package though the store after he picked it out. He said he "wouldn't be caught dead carrying that" LOL!! It was SO cute when he was wrapping the stuff. He got really picky on how he wanted it wrapped and really did it up fancy with some different ribbons and did the tags and stuff. Really funny. It did bring to my attention that my office is not in any shape to be wrapping presents in. And at this point it can't just be picked up, it must be deep cleaned. ARGH!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Kinda know who you are too! Thru Maddy and school and all...I have heard about you and hair...I just found a new person...did I find her too late now that we are fast friends?!!!???