Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas recap

Ahhhhhh Its over. I almost like the after Christmas time more than the actual 3 days of celebration. I like the "limbo" time where I can plan on chilling(although I haven't yet) and enjoying the presents and spending time with the kids. I thought I'd do a day by day~play by play so I can always remember what kind of stuff we did. I hate not having time to blog and getting behind. So here goes:

Dec 23: Sunday was pie making and movie watching with the kids. Mark was home, it was great. I took a big nap then got baking. I even made my own crust. I'm sure it wasn't better than the store bought pies, but sufficient. I was glad I was even able to pull it off. I made 2 pumpkin and an apple. Next time I make pie, remind me to put on lipstick!! LOL





Dec 24: Got up early(ish) and started cooking and doing dishes. Cook, do dishes, repeat, Cook, do dishes, repeat. I made our traditional Chicken curry from scratch to set aside for Christmas day(turned out really yummy) Green chile enchiladas for Christmas eve dinner and a big batch of Cinnamon Caramel corn. Got all cleaned up and then took the kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. That was cute and a perfect way to break up the LOOOONG day of waiting. Got home and MIL and I made the rest of the dinner and she did cheese enchiladas. Cleaned up really quick (again) and geared up for the BIG night. My brother and his little girl came over and we exchanged their gifts first thing (they had exchanged names, it was cute) and that really helped keep the kids under control having a real toy present to open. Then the elves somehow snuck in again this year and left all the kids new jammies (wow are they sneaky!!) Then our neighbors across the street came over and we ate all the yummy food. We sat down by the fire and watched a DVD short movie of Luke 2 on mute while the song "Breath of Heaven" played along to it....it correlates well and is very moving and reverent. We talked about the birth of the Savior and sang songs. It was nice. Then off to bed and get ready for SANTA!! woo hoo!





Dec 25: I was up at 4:30 and could not go back to sleep! ARGH! Cade came in at 5:30 and we all got up and dad got things ready and checked to make sure Santa even came. We were pretty confident that he did. The rule at our house is that the kids can't go looking in the living room till they get the parents up first. Amazingly, they actually obey this rule!



LOL Well Santa did come and he brought everyone one neat thing that they really wanted, and we got opening. We all took turns and the boys were SO excited about their Santa gifts and their RC Jeeps. I got Mark a portable DVD player and he got me a video camera, it was so cool. We got a lot of Christmas morning on tape. Mark had it set up and running when we all walked in so you can see/hear the kids reactions to their stuff. Its so funny! Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to put that stuff on here. So far, not yet. Then Grandma came over and we had breakfast and played with all our stuff and with some new games she had brought. Mark also got me Dance Dance Revolution and we played that a whole bunch. I've wanted it for years!!! Then I made some rolls and rice and we had our curry. I turned out to be a nice relaxing day.


Dec 26: I got up early(ish) again and got out the door to get my Christmas cards mailed off,~Hey, its the Christmas "Season" cards, OK???? mail my moms package to Montana, and run some other errands. I got home just in time (Mark had gone to help someone move) and then he took the kids out to spend their gift cards. While I had the place to myself I got it cleaned up (AGAIN) and got ready for my (step)mom to bring over her Christmas to us. She brought over SO much stuff, it was really fun. I loved everything. My favorite I think was a really nice recipe binder with ALL the family recipes we have used over the years. That is a priceless gift, I LOVE it. Plus she always makes me some amazing scrapbook-y craft things and this year was the best. The kids all got a toy and a bunch of clothes, art stuff, it goes on. It was a fun time. We just hung out and chatted. She took Cade with her to Thatcher so he could practice violin for an upcoming concert. It was so funny, he packed up half his Christmas stuff and took it with him, since he'll be gone til the 2nd. Then the rest of the day I played with my new camera and hung out with Mark. He had to go back to work (poor guy, its like in the low 30's at night this week and he's out in it all night!) so I cleaned Christmas up (AGAIN!) and cashed it in.

Dec 27: I had to do a hair appt. this morning, but then I was off to the big sales. I should have gotten Christmas stuff for next year, but I needed clothes pretty bad so I got a couple things. I got at least half off everything at Old Navy and Kohls. It was fun to have a few moments for myself and just shop for me for a change.

So we had an AWESOME holiday, I loved it. Of course with kids there are always moments of frustration, but overall they were grateful for their presents and there wasn't too much crying or whining. They have just been really busy with their new stuff. I love that, I get some peace and quiet. Well, a little anyway. :)



Now Sadie is at a sleepover, Marks working and Cade is gone, so its just me and the 3boys. Fire in the fireplace, we had hot chocolate and now its time to settle down with a movie. I have to do another hair appt in the morning, and then I'm free the rest of the day to just hang out. It should be nice.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

So yes...I am jealous that everyone gets to come to you. How nice! Anyone up for a tx trip next Christmas?! :) Yah right...
The kids all look so cute with their jammies all excited. You too. Lipstick or not.. :) Glad you had a fun holiday!!!

The Tyler's said...

Looks like Christmas went off without a hitch over there! Are you sure the kids really wake you up before going into the living room?? I was never that good!
Sorry if Brody is bugging you over at your house. Sadie is still so sick, and he is so bored over here.

mamanicky said...

Mmmm...I want some pie! Glad you guys had a great Christmas. I agree about the after Christmas exhale. Kind of nice to know it's done. Hope you guys have a great New Year!

Aimee said...

You didn't forget your lipstick on Christmas morning...no one should look that good at 4:30 in the morning!

Marla said...

Woo hoo! Sounds like an awesome Christmas! And I hear DDR is an excellent way to work out! ;) Not that you need it, but just in case you feel you do!