Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Family Does Disneyland


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


userid=242039&cdate=20070206&ctime=213935 target=_blank>
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Mark and I decided that we'd take part of our tax return and take the shorties to Disneyland. It was so exciting!! We decided not to tell them until the day we left, just to have it be a cool surprise. Besides, then I wouldn't have to listen to a zillion questions every minute till we left :D. We have been telling them we wanted to go for a couple years now, they had really given up hope of EVER getting to go. I got everything all packed up on Saturday night whle Mark worked his last shift for the week, and hid the bags and snacks I'd packed in the office. We went to church Sunday early in the am while Mark slept a couple hours, then when we got home we told them we had a surprise......"You guys have been such good kids, and we didn't get to do very much fun stuff while daddy was in the academy, so we are going to take you to Disneyland TODAY!!!!!" They were just STUNNED for a second, Sadie screamed and we got some BIG hugs and kisses and jumping up and down. It was SO fun!!! So Sunday afternoon we drove to LA where Marks Aunt lives and stayed the night (we'd been promising to do that for about 8 years!!) and then in th a.m. got up early and drove to Disney.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


It truly could not have been more awesomely perfect. The weather was gorgeous, Dayton was tall enough for all the rides except Indiana Jones, and there were NO LINES!! I am not even kidding, we literally walked right on to Pirates of the Carribean, walked right on the the Matterhorn, (3 times) it was about a 10 minute wait for Space Mountain. We did that twice. It totally rocked! Most of the rides were less than a 5 minute wait. It was SO AWESOME! We did the Haunted Mansion 2 times in a row, just for fun. The kids had a blast. We kept telling them how spoiled they were by not having to wait in line. We had been worried that we only had 1 day to spend there and if we'd be able to do everything we wanted to....HA! It was really a fantastic day, just to be out having fun with our great kids, enjoying Disneyland. Not only that, we came in under budget on food, gas, souveniers, AND hotel.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Mark got picked by Merlin to try to pull the sword out of the stone. Hee heeee. Of course its rigged so that a big dad can't do it but a little 6 year old does it. hehe Merlin made Mark do the "dance of shame" it was HILARIOUS! Its on video, of course. LMAO I even ate pretty good. I had brought some snacks for myself (apples, balance bars, BFL shakes) and they were really hitting the spot for me. Unfortunately, I also had onion rings for 2 meals in a row, too so that was pretty bad. I do think you could stick to bfl at Disney. I can see it being done.

Well I am going to have to officially start my challenge tomorrow, but I am totally energized and ready to rock. It was really worth it to postpone my challenge to do this with my kids. Definitely a "high point!!"

On the drive home we stopped at the big dinosaurs and ate lunch. The kids loved it.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

13 comments:

Udenia said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time and even brought tears to my eyes. Just love surprising the babies, can't wait til mine understands a surprise! The pictures were awesome, you have a beautiful family and WHO CARES about the Onion Rings, girl you have got to live a little! Remember, it is BodyForLife not just at Disneyland! Love ya, Udenia

Pamela said...

WOW what a whirlwide idea! Very cool! looks like a GREAT time was had by all!! LOVE all the pics!

KatieFeldmom said...

OMG! What a great trip! I love all the pictures and it looks like everyone had a great time.

MichelleInFlorida said...

How totally awesome to surprise your kids w/Disneyland!!!!! Looks like you all had a fun time. Great job on eating....... Oh yeah..... and you have a gorgeous family!

FV Tom said...

Aren't you glad I made sure the weather was nice?

You guys have a very handsome family!

Glad you had fun.

zooman said...

What a great suprise. Wanna adopt a couple of older kids,lol.

Unknown said...

That is a great surprise. Your kids will remember that one in a BIG way!

Suz said...

That is so awesome. I would be hugging and screaming too! LOVE the pictures. Love the one of the kids in the teacup!

jen said...

seeing you guys makes me wanna jump in the car and drive and drive to visit you!! your pics are really good...happy you got to go on a spontaneous trip! those are the most fun and memorable!

let's get our families together sometime this summer! miss ya twinks!

KC said...

That is so cool, Janel! It warms my heart to read about it and see the pics. I hope to do stuff like that for my kids some day.

Karla

Julie said...

That's so awesome! I love how you made it a surprise for the kids. What a great way to spend some family time together! Great pics too.

Kristin said...

RIGHT ON! We went to Disneyland last summer it was so great! Lucky you- no lines. What a fun surprise- you are such a great mom and so stealthy!

Sorry I flaked this weekend... I was hoping we could get together, but I stayed home- sick.

Let's make this work for sure in March! I'm dying to see you!

chantal2bfit said...

Great pictures! Looks like fun times!