Saturday, January 27, 2007

Driving season

Yeppers, its officially driving season. Today I had one of those legendary mom of 5 saturdays from HELL! It was really only bad from 8 am till about 4 pm. What the heck am I gonna do in 5 years from now?? Its gonna be 10 times worse!! Right now I only have 3 kids old enogh to go different directions, what is 5 gonna do??? Alright, so thats one of my big reasons for getting in shape, I have to not only keep up with these kids but be the Big Cheese in Charge of the circus. At the rate I'm going, I will need 5 more years to be fitnesswise where I want to be, so I better get started! HAHA I hope I'm kidding!

So I'm still feeling OK, just fluffy from eating crap all week, so I guess I better get back on track, since it took a litle extra effort to stuff my booty into my skinny pants this morning. In all fairness, they were fresh out of the dryer, but I was slightly alarmed. I wanna be a HOT football mom, and I definetly don't want to be self-concious of my muffintop when I am sitting on the bleachers.Tomorrow, I am cooking and planning. I mean PLANning. Actual eating TIMES and I'm even thinking of setting my cellphone to ring at those times to remind me to eat. It sounds extreme, but that has ALWAYS been my sticking point. I spread my earlier meals out too far because I don't want to stop when I'm right in the middle of something, then in the evening I get too hungry. I can hang on for a few days then I crash.

I'm very positive that my metabolism is screwed up right now. Not royally screwed up, but a little. I think I can be burning at max capacity in 2-3 weeks. I am not going to add a second cardio session per day until I get my metabolism burning full fire and then plateau, so I'm thinking mabye mid-march????Then re-asses and add that plus some extra clean calories. Actually, back it up, lets just get thru the next week clean, why don't we??? LOL I just get so excited, I know I can do this and there are SO many cute clothes I want right now! I need a new summer wardrobe and I don't want to be pissed because I'm still buying sz 11jrs/8misses in fricken APRIL. It won't happen!!!! I'm a fighter!

9 comments:

Stef said...

Hey Janel! I can somewhat relate. But I only have 4 not 5!!! It is crazy, and we get very little MOM TIME, do we???

Just popped in to say hi!

xo~

Unknown said...

OH yeah...we've gotten entirely too many birthday party invites over the last few weeks...3 last weekened, 1 this, plus everything else....

I guess the same thing you're doing with food...PLANing...and then there's that word we need to use more often, NO. Sometimes you just can't do everything.

Mine are spread apart age-wise, so my oldest can drive in about a year or two, but that's a whole 'nuther worry!

Hot Football Mom...I like that. And I often feel like I will never get to where I want to be because I'm so busy taking care of other people...but you know, even if it does take you 5 more years to get where you want to be, at least you are getting there and working at it rather than giving up and letting yourself go.

Angela said...

You can do this. if i can, anyone can! Believe me, i have only been at this a little while, but i think the only thing that is keeping me strong is a positive state of mind. Eating clean is HARD! But you feel so much better just knowing that you didnt eat crap! Plus, being able to buy new clothes is the greatest gift you can give yourself!

Udenia said...

Ahhhhh! Don't sweat it! I think your beautiful anyway! So what if ya got to squeeze that little rump in a hot pair of levis! ha ha! You know what has to be done, heck I can't find time to get to the gym with one kid, let alone 5! You've done great!

Pamela said...

I hear ya aboiut playing driving Mommy ..& I love your idea about PLANing your eating times.. I'm sure metabolism wise...i don't wanna know..

Anonymous said...

You can do it , Janel! We WILL be hot Mamas this summer! Whoo-hoo!

KatieFeldmom said...

I think the alarm clock idea is great. My sister needs to do that too...she gets so busy (with just two kids though) that she forgets to eat as well. Ill tell her about the alarm idea.

Kimberly said...

An alarm, I never would've thought of that. I don't have kids, but I have the same problem.

Lori said...

It's always good to have a plan. My problem is I don't work around MY schedule, it's everyone at work. SUCKS!!

Lori