Saturday, November 11, 2006

Update

Everythings good. And busy. The yard we did turned out gorgeous, wish I had a picture. I am getting my Thanksgiving prep underway, and relaxing this weekend.

Hey, heres something new:

I went to the music store today and got some new Christmas music. It was just a big book of traditional songs that the kids will sing along with. All the classics plus a bunch of the stuff you hear on the radio. Hard enough to be interesting to listen to, but easy enough for me to pick out, practice and play by Christmas. But heres the other cool thing.....I was able to get a piece of sheet music that I used to play called "Bumble Boogie" and this thing is a monster. It was kind of the last big jaw dropping piece I learned, it is so super fun. The girl at the store handed it to me and it was the exact same version I used to have and when I was holding it I got all choked up. How silly is that?? I was just so happy to have another chance to play it again. My goal is to have it performance-ready by the end of the year. Its coming back faster than I expected. Who I will perform it for, I have no clue. I start talking about it and Marks eyes glaze over, hes not interested in the least. I may have to videotape myself and put it on here or something. LOL Anyway, I feel like a kid in a candy store with all the new songs to learn.

Back to the gym monday, I am looking forward to it. Tomorrow is food prep and menu making day. Going strong till January 11!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool to be able to play piano. I wish I knew how to play. It's on my list of things to learn "one day."

Pamela said...

Great for you about the song.. funny the things that thrill us to no end eh? Looking forward to the "performance" :D

chantal2bfit said...

Good for you for finding that piece! I played piano for years but gave it up when I went away to college. I do miss it sometimes.