Friday, January 15, 2010

January is fun!

First order of good news, I am alive. I almost didn't make it through the first cold of 2010. UGH! I have never in my life experienced a cold this horrific. Thanks to the help of Mark and Bri, I survived by Bri fixing dinner and entertaining the kiddos, and Mark force-feeding me Nyquil and taking care of everything else. I was so out of it that that I didn't even think Nyquil would help me. This is why all the pictures to follow show my trashed house.I was in basically a coma tuesday through thursday. Yesterday I finally felt like a human again, with just a runny nose a cough. I guess when you don't really get sick ever, you build up a debt and then you have to pay it all back in one castastrophic incident. UGH.

Why Can't guys just smile for the camera and not be difficult??

The party continues here at our house. We had my younger brother Nate in town, with his new wife who is expecting their first baby in April. He has been in Korea in the Army band for 4 years, and hasnt even been back to the states in 2 and a half years! They met and got married a year and half ago, and will be stationed in VA now. They have been with us this week, and then Bri drove down from CO to see them too. Its so fun when your siblings start growing up and becoming your friends, I love it! We love Nates new wife, Sung Mi, she is great! It has been a HUGE adjustment for her, and she has handled it really well. She understands quite a bit of english, so that helps too. Luckily we have Vonage and she could call home as much as she needed to, and going to the Korean Market was a big relief for her. She liked Walmart and the mall :D I think she is perfect for Nate, he does well having someone to take care of and to take care of him!



The kids have been loving Nate and Sung Mi's dogs, they are Maltese, and really cute fun little guys. Sung dressed them in little pirate sweatshirts for the plane ride and they are really funny. The kids will miss them terribly! They are Jack and Wanee.



Last night she made us all a big Korean dinner, it was so good! Curry with Spam and sticky rice, dumplings, and REAL ramen (Ramyan) for the kids, and a soup that was like egg drop soup with potatoes, plus 4 different kinds of kimchee and sushi. Then they had these kind of crispy peanutbutter-y pretzels that the kids loved. All of these things have names, of course, but I wouldn't even attepmt to try to remember. I did not think I would like the cabbage kimchee but it was actually really good! I liked the bean sprout kind too and the sushi. Everything was really yummy. My dad came over for it, and Jason too of course-he served his mission in Korea so he was really looking forward to the food. I loved someone else taking over the kitchen and feeding everybody for a change, that was the best part! Delicious food that I didnt have to make! Woohoo!









Real kimchee!




On the other side, we have more fun stuff happening, Marks mom is dating somebody!! Its getting pretty serious! How exciting is that?? I love it. We are having them over for dinner Sunday, you know, because we need to meet the young man. haha just kidding, we already know him but its been a while, so it will be veeeery interesting. She is in complete lala land, it is fabulous to see her so happy. I'll be updating this situation as it escalates, and you KNOW my party senses are on high alert!


Kids are gone for the day, although Cooper informed me that he has been getting pushed and punched by a kid in his class and I told him he better stop taking crap from this kid, so I am fully expecting a call from Mr. Lineberry today.....ugh. Hopefully it won't be during our much anticipated movie date, to the Book of Eli. Mark is SO excited. He said he is already bummed that today he will have watched it and then he won't be able to watch it for the first time ever again. LOL He's funny.






This weekend will be all about cleaning and then relaxing! I can't wait! 3 day weekends rock!

4 comments:

Maddy said...

Uh HELLO! I lived in Korea for 6 years, why was I not on the guest list??? ;D All I can say is: YUM!

Janel said...

You can always come over and eat leftovers Maddy!! LOL

Amy F. said...

Oh yay! I'm so glad to hear they are so happy together, and how exciting about the baby!
So jealous of the real Korean food (not that I've ever had it, but I love authentic food).

Anonymous said...

These pictures make me so jealous!!! Looks like you guys are having so much fun!!!