Thursday, September 17, 2009

Birthday Recap

Sooooo it was the 6th anniversary of my 29th birthday today :D I will admit, my day started out pretty rough (sorry for the unload, mom :D) I was just feeling......very UNfantastic. You know, we just have these crazy ideals about how we want to be, what place we want to be in, whatever and I was just feeling very inadequate and a big failure in so many ways. Uncool. Especially since in reality my life is pretty great. But honestly, thats just the truth for today. Plus I tweaked my lower back somehow when I was taking off my pants this morning like some old rickety grandma, which was not helpful to my attitude. It still really hurts. SO after a few hours of crying and trying to pull it together, I decided I better get on with it and just distract myself, so I got out to Target with my gift card (thanks momma!!) and went for some retail therapy. LUCKily, I ran into some SUPER fun girls who seriously know how to party it up at Target and they really made me laugh and helped me find some cute stuff to wear. They are the Target ROCKSTARS! It was truly a tender mercy. Although according to reports, it was more like statistics, because they are there ALL the time!! LOL

SO I headed home to change into clothes that didn't accentuate my muffin top or backfat, which was a nice change from the norm, and then Mark and I headed out to Olive Garden to drown my sorrows in Chicken scampi and spinach artichoke dip. And everyone knows how fun Mark is to go out to lunch with :D

We headed back home just in time for the kids to get home from school, and I spent the rest of my day just chilling out and not doing much. Mark went and got me a cake and another Target card, which I will be thrilled to use for a little more "therapy" tomorrow :D He called in sick to work tonight to be home with me on my birthday, but I am SO tired I told him to just go ahead and go, I'm going to turn in early and all we would do is sit around and watch TV anyway. It was nice of him to offer though.

So now that the day is done, I'm here icing my back, and ready to turn it in. I am SO grateful to all my wonderful friends and family who lifted me up today, brought me treats and presents, and just plain showed me some love. I am TRULY one of the super luckiest, most blessed women on the planet, I just hope that this year I can do my fabulous life a little more justice and improve. I'm not sure why the emotions hit me so hard this time, I used to think that people who got upset over birthdays were so wierd, but I guess it happens to everybody at some point. I will be trying much harder to take advantage of every wonderful day I am given and do more good to myself and others with the blessings I do have. I have so many things about myslef to change and work on. hopefully it wont take another WHOLE 35 years to make some progress. I only have one more 35 year chunk of time left, I better get goal-setting!!!

7 comments:

Burwell's Bits said...

Happy Birthday!!!! You are awesome. 35 isn't bad at all. 36 isn't either. Have fun at Target later!

The Tyler's said...

How did I miss the shower post? Ok, the cake? Are you kidding me?!! Seriously the cutest cake I've ever seen. I'm trying to think of a reason you can make me one when I come home next summer! Everything else turned out perfect. The table the food and all the decor...loved it all. Dying over your haircut! Did Celeste do it? I bet it's super fun to style.
Now, on to this post. Why are you so down on yourself? You a such an amazing person. I look up to you in so many ways that you probably have no idea about. 35 is so not old and you have done so much already. You have 5 amazing kids. Enough said! I know it's easy to be hard on yourself but trust me..looking in on your life, you seem to have it all together.
I can't wait to come home and get together. I was sooooo sad when I saw you guys all went out without me. I absolutly hate to miss things like that. Keep that chin up girl and keep doing what you do best.

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Janel!!! Hope you get something good with that Target card...

Kristen said...

You are, and will always be, AWESOME! Sorry you had a hard time with your birthday. I guess we just have to remember that age is just a number and not a definition of our progress in life. Blah, blah - whatever that means, haha.

Anyway, the Jason Mraz song started playing when I got on here and I had just heard of him this week. I like his positive attitude. And then I realized his song is that one from SYTYCD and I loved that dance. So good. So now I have to get on iTunes and do some shopping. OK, see ya!

Casey said...

Mark was going to call in sick for you??? Wow!! Shopping at target and lunch at Olive Garden...sounds like a great bday to me, 2 of my favs! We should start a tradition of getting together every year for our birthdays, over lunch or something...and we'll sob and moan about how old we are getting. :)

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Janel,
I feel so bad that I missed your Birthday. Some friend I am. I have been out of the Facebook & blogging regularly and look what happens. Anyway I am sorry your morning started out bad but so glad you are better. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY very late!
You are so beautiful and such a sweet gal. Remember to love yourself and take that time for YOU!! You deserve it. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Maddy said...

Happy late birthday girlie! You already know how fabulous I think you are!!! You're AMAZING! I am always amazed by everything you accomplish. I don't know how you do it all and manage to stay such a fun unbeat person to hang out with. I'm turning 30 this year. Can we all celebrate by wearing black and telling me about how all my bones will start aching?? Can't wait to see you this Friday. Maybe we should do a little birthday cake???