Monday, March 02, 2009

Fun Stuff

Cade got some new glasses. Too cute. I can't believe how grown up he is getting!and we will just pretend that we don't see the v-day decor STILL up all over my house










Cooper at the blue and Gold banquet. This the "pie" he and Mark made. I'm sure it was yummy! Love the goatee on the pie man.












My mom and her boyfriend came to visit from Montana.






And she brought THIS!!! I picked out the fabric when I went there to visit over a year ago, and this is what that stack of fabric became. Its King-sized and gorgeous!!! And hand made by my mom. Sa-weet! I can't wait to put it on my bed. And it was her birthday yesterday today too, happy birthday mom!






Heres a little decorating I did for my TV room. I had my friend Wendy sew pillows and valances for me (it was a time issue for me and she did a great job!) So it's feeling a little less like a bachelor pad....a little. I picked up the fabric little by little at diferent JoAnns sales, so it cost me hardly anything. Seriously, like around 30 bucks for ALL the fabric, and I used the existing hideous pillows as pillow forms. Cool huh?? The wall is bugging me still, and I need a much more substantial coffee table/ottoman of some kind, but all in good time :D


6 comments:

Maddy said...

That quilt is GorgEOUS!!! And I love the new pillows and valances. Time for a new party :D

The Tyler's said...

Ya..so when are you guys having us over for a party to see the new stuff??! Ha. Love the pillows and valances. And love Cade's new glasses. He aged like 3 years with those!

Jaimee said...

Janel, I love Cade's glasses! You won't believe it but we bought an almost identical pair for Tye on Friday. Too cute! And I love the quilt your Mom made--tell her I am next in line! What a treasured keepsake to have. Your house looks great! I love the couch pillows and also your stairway wreath in the previous post. I can't wait to see it in person! Again, so sorry I missed your party. Talk to you soon!

Christine said...

Cade looks just like Mark use to look! WOW. The glasses are so cute! Your family room is huge! Looks goos

Amber said...

Love, Love, Love the quilt!! The pillows and valances you did an awesome job with too! You totally need to come and help me with my house!!! Your house looks great!

Love the new glasses Cade!

I cannot get over how much you and your mom look alike!

And since we werent able to make it to the first party, I say you need to have another one too! Ha.

Amy F. said...

Oh, I love it! Your family room looks amazing. What a difference such small changes can make. I'm thinking my house needs some help...
Your Mom is so cute, and you guys look so much alike! That is such a beautiful quilt! (and it matches so good).
I miss you guys and your kids!!