Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey day leftovers

I hope everyone had a fab Thanksgiving!! We really did. Nice stormy cool weather (instead of cranking down the AC so we can use the oven like last year). I didn't get my tree up, boo hoo but thats OK. My mom and grandma came over wed night and helped me get things ready. I helped the kids make these cute little candy/cookie turkeys:





and we had a great time just hanging out and baking pie and cinnamon rolls. I was up so stinking late that I slept right through my 5 am alarm but luckily my dad came over and made the stuffing and got the turkey in the oven on time. He really played a prank on all of us and stuffed the turkey with a game hen and then when he was carving it (I thought it was wierd that he wanted me to videotape him carving....) he was like "what's this?? Is this a baby turkey or something....what the heck....." and he's all freaking out and everyone was shrieking and out pops this little "baby turkey" it was so bizarre! So it was a crazy practical joke. For some reason he thinks I really freaked out and he just thinks its so funny and that he "got me good", but really I was just laughing, I was just so confused there for a minute like everyone else. Its like wait, no somethings not right....baby tukeys grow from eggs, they don't give birth!! LOL ANYWAY for whatever reason, the joke was targeted at me and I will never hear the end of it, but for the record, other people were way more freaked out than I was. HA!



The food was Yummo! Everyone's contributions were great. Yummy everything! I brought all the leftovers up here to Thatcher, so I won't be tempted to eat Thanksgving dinner every day for the next 4 days!!


Then as soon as we were done eating my awesome MIL took ALL the kids (even the cousins...8 kids all together) to the movie Bolt. So we had nice peace and quiet after dinner. They said the movie was really good. Then after they got back the kids all went with my sister and brother up to Thatcher. After everyone cleared out it was just Mark and I for the night. Cha-ching!! We went out to see a late show (4 Christmases-funny, but mostly the funny stuff that is on the preview) and yadda yadda yadda and we slept in till 10 am!!! ;D We spent the rest of the morning doing some Christmas shopping for the kids (we're almost done, YAY!) and then I headed up here to Thatcher. It was a nice calm drive alllllll by myself. Before I got here the kids told my mom "Its OK if my mom dosen't come, she just tells us what to do!" LOL Nice to know that I am missed! :p Tomorrow I will be helping my mom put up her Christmas stuff and hanging out. Great times!!

5 comments:

Stef said...

That prank sounds hysterical! Please upload that video to your blog so we can see it!

xo
ps...my word verification is:
FULNES....lol!

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Gabby was so excited to get those from Cooper. She has made him a thank you card too. I think that made her 2008!
Glad you had a great Thanksgiving & had some quiet time with Mark.
The prank was very clever and funny. I need to remember that one. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

caseyann said...

Your dad is so funny. i would of love to see the prank in action. Have fun in thatcher! Sounds like a lot of fun! I guess i'm going to have to force Chandler into watching four christmases with me since you already saw it. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm Coco (Gabby's favorite sister)
Now I must tell you that she was so happy/excited when she got these from Cooper. And to be honest they have been a wonderful bribing tool.
Such as: Gabby Change my babies stinky nasty diaper or else I will smash your turkeys. Okay I am not that mean (sometimes) But she really loved them and we all thought it was cute!

-Coco

Maddy said...

Ha h ahh a! I love your dad story!! Those turkeys are super cute too and man, I am jealous of all your kid-free time! Hope you guys got back safe and sound!