
Well I think I'm over my bit of Halloween scrooginess. I'm usually way more into it than I was this year, I'm not sure what the heck happened. I was pretty bummed that I had to miss BOTH grownup costume parties, so mabye that was it. We had a really fun time while my mom was here, so that helped and Mark was able to come out with us on Halloween, which he never does so that was good too. The kids had a blast, so thats what counts.
Now on to the Political scrooginess: Warning: soapbox rant ahead!
The election and voting on the propositions have my guts in a knot today (and for the past couple weeks). I don't want to write a novel about it, but lets just say I m not thrilled with McCain at ALL, but Obama is truly scary. I'm so ticked off that McCain was so wimpy as far as not bringing up some issues about his opponent that are SO important and SO wrong. People are so concerned with little things and not looking at the big picture as far as our constitution and what this country's purpose is. People have rights and priveleges so screwed up and backwards. Everything has to be politically correct and fair all the time for everyone, and its ruining our country. Bottom line is that this country is going to hell in a handbasket, whichever candidate wins will determine how fast we get there. If 102 dosen't pass and our state takes the same road as Massachusets has with it, I'm going to have to home school or something which will be really annoying. OK I can't think about it any more its making me sick. ARG! I voted on friday. I got there at 6 am, and was 7th in line. The office opened at 8 and by the time I left at 8:15, there were about 300 people behind me. Crazy.
Mark is gone for the week(basically) and I am so bored, I'm gonna go do some errands today which will hopefully help my mood. Right now its time go get a good workout in and work off some stress. I vow to not watch ANY more news or TV until at least 5 pm tonight. I need Election Detox.

4 comments:
Sorry you're feeling all doom and gloom. I'm not really freaked out as much, mainly because I don't find Obama scary -- ha ha! I'm actually pretty disgusted with the Republican party and their "scare" tactics. I think it's pretty disgusting what they did to Mitt Romney and I can never understand why Mormons are always to eager to get on their bandwagon and believe everything they exagerate. I feel bad for all the people who bought into it all and are now completely convinced that come January Muslim terrorists are going to take over, or that we'll turn into Communist Russia. OK -- off my soap box now.
And if 1o2 doesn't pass, we'll try again. We failed 2 years ago and nothing like MA happened here.
I'm with you, totally freaked out. Not because I'm not educated on the topics either. Its kind of a lesser of two evils thing and as a spouse of a veteran my first thought is of my husband and the freedoms he protects. My commander in chief needs to be someone who cares about the military, Obama is not that person!!! Thanks for letting me rant on your blog. Maddy wouldn't let me comment on hers.
BTW great Halloween pics!
Agree again. Whatever happened to people UNDERSTANDING and DEFENDING the constitution?? The founding father's left the whole socialist scene to come here and create a new way of life. Kids are hardly taught a thing about it in school. IF we are raising a generation of people that don't love, honor and want to protect it- where will their loyalty be??
oh ya, my stomach has been in knots for about a month too. I felt sick the weeks leading up the elections. I don't like either, but O really does freak me out. Just can't believe he got elected. Are people that uneducated? I would rather Hillary won over O ANYDAY. You have your Dem's then you have your progressives.... ya- to shady and whatever for my constitution and freedom loving taste. the more power we give government, the more we become subjects like under a king, and less free to really do anything of our own free will.
Post a Comment