Monday, November 24, 2008

So.......

What are everybody's plans for this week?? We are doing the usual thing over here. I'm excited to have Thanksgiving in my new house and bigger kitchen. I didn't get any painting done though :( I got really sick and was in bed for 2 days last week! I think we will have about 23 people for dinner on Thursday. My dad is coming over to make his awesome stuffing and my mom is making her unbelievable apple pie. I love it when we are all hanging out the night before getting the stuff made ahead of time, it is my favorite 2 days of the year. It is going to be so YUMMY! I splurged this year and ordered a super fresh turkey from a meat market (that has the BEST ever steaks and meat!) so we will see if it is worth the extra money and effort. The other stuff we have had from that market has blown our minds so I have high hopes for our turkey. I am a litle nervous though because it won't have one of the pop out thermometers to say when its ready, I will have to actually use a meat thermometer. Yikes! I'm going traditional this year, no fancy stuff with the food. Last year we brined the turkey, which was really yummy but it ended up a little salty and the gravy was super salty. This year no tricks, just the basics. We eat around 12 noon, if anyone wants to join us! :D


I don't think I will be running anything this week, it will just depend. (I am still doing Iron Girl and Londons Run though!) There is the Turkey Waddle that starts at the school 2 blocks from my house that would be ideal, but I'm havng a bit of a health issue and I might need to take a week off running to fix it, plus I'm not sure what cooking stage I will be in during that time. I might still do it though if I can get everything in line early enough. On friday I am pretty sure we will be going to Thatcher to hang with my parents for the weekend. My dad built a sauna in his backyard that he wants us all to try out. Thatcher is always a good time for some R&R for me and the kids have fun so that will be cool. I LOVE this week!!!

10 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Janel,
Sounds like you are going to have a fun filled house with yummy food. I would love to know the name of the market you wrote about.
Sorry about you being ill. That is no fun!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Janel said...

We go to Von Hansen's meat market in Chandler. Its on Alma School south of Warner. Its the BEST!

The Tyler's said...

Please do the turkey waddle!! I'll be knocking on your door at 7:30!! We are bringing the kids and they would love to see yours!

Maddy said...

I wish we could come to your house, but we've got the Rogers clan over here! All your food sounds delicious!

doidle said...

Janel, I love your Things My Kids Say Blog!! "Come to Papa!!" Literally LOL over here. And the "cooking show"...Your kids sound just absolutely adorable and cute. I wish we couuld come over for a playdate sometime. Hee hee!

Breezy said...

What the heck is your health issue? that's cool you have a turkey waddle. I always loved doing the Turkey Trot with alecia and Britt. That was fun. Hey give me a call I need to ask you a question.! Love ya
Bri

Amber said...

Janel! Sounds like you guys are going to have a fun turkey day! Ours is usually very chaotic bouncing around between Michael's and my parents house! Sorry that you have been ill...Is there anything we can do to help out while you recooperate?

Marla said...

I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving! Drive safe!!!

caseyann said...

Hey Janel, hope your thanksgiving day turned out great! We need to go see four christmases. It looks really funny and Chandler won't see it with me! lets get together soon!

Nick and Hannah said...

hey! check us out! You're smokin hot!