Heres my recap.....
What does it boil down to?? Not much. I truly don't think that things are going to change THAT much. Especially not for a couple years. Like when it was the Clinton Era. Everyone knows that they are really bad as far as power hungry, immoral, and they probably did murder their way to the top.(I know Maddy is cracking up right now) OK but really the only harm they did that people can really remember is the fact that a lot of kids were exposed to some sexually graphic shenanigans going on in the White house because it was all so public and scandalous. I was a teenager then, but if I was a parent of kids my kids ages at the time I would have been freaking out. We all just thought it was funny. Yes, the economy was strong and everybody got richer, but in general our society took a big step down morally. Hmmmmm, interesting. That can't be good. ANYWAY my point is, Obama may have all these beliefs about aggressive abortion and wanting to tweak the constitution and redistribute wealth to lean us even more towards socialism, and all of this other horsecrap, but most presidents have all these high ideas, making them actually work is another story. Of course, now that the house and Senate are majority Democrat, he has more of a shot, but I don't think he can come in and just reform the country in a fowl swoop. He will have to compromise a lot. I realize that people think they are going to get a handout, and things will be more "fair" but we have an example of that. Its the Indian reservations. Yikes. If people don't work for what they get, they don't appreciate it. Easy come, easy go. I just have to have hope that there can be a happy medium, because things are obviously not working as they are. I am totally disgusted with how the Republicans have conducted themselves the last 8 years. It is all such a mess. Unfortunately this country's moral compass is shifting, and there is nothing we can do about it besides try to teach our kids and be prepared. If Obama wants to teach his daughter that if she makes a "mistake, she won't be 'punished' with a baby". Thats his perogative. I'm just glad he won't be teaching my kids. That gets to be my job. It just makes my job harder when the current I am trying to swim against gets stronger, but that dosen't mean I'm going to fail. Things are going to continue to go downhill, because these are the last days. No election is going to change that.
On the positive side, I am happy that so many people are enthusiastic about this election. It always really bothered me in the past when people just felt like "so what, I'm not even going to bother with it". That definetly hurts our country. We are Americans, if we don't care, who will? It was nice to see some energy in the whole process. I'm glad that people are happy, because just the positive energy alone will help all of us. We need some confidence back. And 102 passed, which is great news! We do still have a lot of say at the local levels, which is reassuring. Honestly, I would be a lot more bummed out had McCain won and 102 not passed, so I'm trying to see it as a positive election. I just have to keep doing my part.
THE END
Now back to our regularly scheduled blogging
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

8 comments:
I don't comment often on your blog but I do read it! :) I have to say that even if people don't want to vote for the national election, what about the local issues? Do they not care about THEIR taxes being raised, year after year??? If you don't vote for anything, vote for that reason alone.
Just so I am clear, I don't vote for JUST that reason, I'm just saying! :)
Take care!
xoxo
~ Elizabeth (KSGirl)
Okay was Clinton's sexual misconduct immoral and embarrassing? Yes. But I would have rather had Bush done the same rather than lie to us about Saddam's so-called weapons of mass descruction which led us into a trillion dollar war where THOUSANDS of young american soldiers have lost their lives which made everyone practically forget about Bin Laden who was the one that masterminded 9/11, not Saddam. Okay that was ofcicially the longest sentence ever. Love ya! :)
Janel,
Great post and I agree with you. I was more bummed about Sarah Palin not getting in as VP. I'm not a woman's right activist but she seemed to have had morals & hopes of bringing more into the country.
The Republicans have been lax ever since Regan left office. I feel that we just need to pray for our children and prepare as we have been told to and be as President Hinkley said Be a happy people.
So glad I have found your blog. I was reading your past posts on exercise and you have motivated me. I am one of those ladies in the church who has put everything else first and gained a ton of weight that I need to shed and be healthy. Thank you for all your thoughts and information.
Oh by the way I am Gabby's mom.
Hugs, Bobbi Job
Janel, I haven't read your blog in forever! I LOVE all that you have to say.. I think we are on the same page with a lot of issues! It's nice to see that there are more people like me out there :) I'm not TOO upset by the turn out because honestly I didn't care for McCain or Obama. And I too will be surprised if we see a whole lot of change. I want Obama to prove me wrong but I think we just might be to far gone:(
Nicole
I still love you.
You go girl! I wish I was more passionate about politics like you. B.O. has a lot of living up to do! We'll see. Thx for sharing that post.
I'm nervous for what Maddy is thinking about it..:)
Hey Janel. I agree with you, and I've been wanting to write a post like this for awhile, but- finding the time to put things into words, and then face the consequences of friends or people who have no idea about anything, except for what they see on CNN, is a bit discouraging. O is definitely not the first to throw these ideas out, and he won't be the last. Too bad republican doesn't mean conservative anymore huh. sad. We have to be ultra careful to be spiritually intune so we aren't deceived, and end up on the side of those who call evil good and good evil. As for his comment about abortion... don't ya love that? since when are children a punishment anyway, and since when is signing a bill to overturn all abortion laws in place a good or MORAL idea??
http://www.nrlc.org/foca/index.html
This country's morals are declining so rapidly. It's up to us to be different, have faith, work hard and stay close to the church and make sure our testimonies are strong so that we'll be ok through the physical and spiritual storms. We all know that "Even the Very Elect Will be Deceived- (joseph smith -matthew after the doctine and covenants)- the elect are the Lord's covenant keeping people. Which of us will be deceived by false prophets?
Thanks for you thoughts and for letting me share mine.
P.S- Forced charity, re-distribution of wealth is legalized theft. Does that create good industrious people? Does the church give people things for free? Does the Lord force us to share or do what he wants us to do? Remember the battle in heaven has a lot to do with what's going on today. Satan's plan has been force from the beginning.
Hi Janelly! I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to thank you for the great time that I had when I was down visiting. I enjoyed my time with you and the kiddos sooo much and I can't wait to do it again. Yea! Allegiant airlines!!! I think it's cool that you have such passion about things, your kids, politics, Mark. Our passions in life keep us moving forward and living life to the fullest and I see you doing that. I love you! Mom
Post a Comment