Today is a regrouping day. Yesterday I had it all going on, got my workout done, got my chores done, got all cuted up to go do some fun errands and get out of the house (I haven't really left the house this week and I was feeling a little antsy). As soon as Dayton was off to school I go out and the garage door chain was broken. So I open the door manually and go to start the car....dead battery. So another day stuck at home, this time, with no plans. I just talked myself out of being upset about it by realizing that mabye I was being watched over, and had I gone out I would have gotten in a wreck or something. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. So I shopped for fabric online and caught up on DWTS but I think all the TV and computer gave me a BAD headache. Borderline migraine, light sensitivity, nausea, the works. So from about 2:30 to 5 I was on the couch, immoble, eyeballs immoble, while the kids and the the entire neighborhood literally RAN through the house. So much for the chores being done, huh??
I finally came to and felt better around 5:30 and for some stupid reason decided it was a good night to try making a chicken pot pie, which is really easy except for the pie crust, which I obviously have yet to master. I am very hit and miss with pie crust. It took me almost an hour to get dinner in the oven. It looked really terrible, I finally gave up and literally layed the broken pieces on the top as best as I could and threw it in the over. It tasted pretty good, the crust was a little thick. Wyatt and Dayton were watching me struggle with this crust and they were calling it a cooking show. After I was about to ball it all up and reroll the 2nd crust for the 4th time Wyatt says "Oh no, we don't want to watch this show AGAIN! I'm like, neither do I, guys!!! It did actually make me laugh. And I needed every ounce of comedy I could muster to get me through the next few hours of breaking the news to poor Mark about the garage door and the car, after the week and a half of hell he's had. (he's going to "special" school for work and they have been pushing them past every mental and physical barrier they thought they had...eeek! Sorry, honey!) He got things fixed up and I was able to pamper him back to his usual self. Although my hedache flared back up a little. I haven't had a truly disastrous night like that in a loooong time, but I guess my time had come.
Today we ran 3.5 miles in 45 minutes, I feel really good about that and I'm glad I get to start a new, different day today!!!
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

5 comments:
Oh man, that pot pie sounds so good. Broken crust or not. I mean, pot pie is best eaten all mashed up anyway!! I can't believe you just made pot pie. You are a MIRACLE!
I can totally see Wyatt saying that. I love it! I made pot pie for the first time last week and ruined it also. But it still tasted alright.
K, I just heard the Adam Sandler Thanksgiving song on here and got really happy!
Ouch! Sorry about the migranes and not being able to do your errends. I do love the cooking show. Glad you are feeling better.
Sorry about the migranes those are yucky. Hope you are doing much better.
I just showed Gabby the picture from Cooper's Baptism and she said it was very very cute! Aw puppy love! Hugs, Bobbi Jo
Good that your boys could support you in your cooking effort. I'm not good at crust either. I don't even like making sugar cookies! Hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment