Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hey, you missed my pity party!

Well, my poor excercise partner Lisanne didn't miss it, I went out to run yesterday and kinda fell apart. I think I cried for the first mile. I have been super frustrated with this whole running/excercise and losing weight thing I have (not) going on. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself, but like she reminded me (and I have told other people SO many times) that it IS hard to lose weight, that is why so many people don't do it. And I know I have lost some, but so slow you'd never really know it. Boo hoo! So we ran our 3 miles and I ate good all day and cleaned my house from top to bottom and took a nap and I felt better. Then today we did a Biggest Loser DVD workout that was good and fun. I'm not quitting!!! I am making myself do this, and I will like it!!! I'm going to step it up on all levels. I guess what frustrates me is that I can't just "eat better" or "exercise more", I have to be all in, killing my workouts 6 days a week and eating PERFECTLY to see even the smallest results. It is very time consuming and mind-consuming and just......HARD. But, I'm just not happy when I'm out of shape. Tomorrow will be lifting and then a big run on Saturday.

OK anyway, Sadie did perform on the Channel 3 morning news and was so cute!! She also sang her solo that they will broadcast on Christmas day sometime, I hope we can see it. She did a really good job, she is such a cutie! It was really fun going to the station, and we got some cute pictures. One of the other moms has them and will get them to me hopefully soon!


Today on the agenda, winter clothes for the kids! I think it is officially jeans and log sleeves weather, especially since they walk to school. Sadie got hers before science camp and I have some stuff from last year, but I need to fill in some gaps. Shopping is always fun times!

12 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Jenel,
I think I was having the pity party with you yesterday. I have been feeling that way I am a all or nothing girl that has been fitting the weight since I had my first child. After 15 years of bulimia and anorexia it is so hard to be controlling of myself anymore. Sounds dumb I know but so true. Hang in there. I think you look great and kudos to you for continuing to do what you know you need to. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Maddy said...

Hey -- pity party over here too. EVERY FREAKING DAY! I'm pretty sure I've alienated everyone I know with my cry baby attitude lately.

Rogers said...

I can totally relate to your pity party. I gave up for a while but just recently decided I at least feel better when I am working out so that's what I will do! I always felt you were the exercise queen! I have looked up to you. Keep it up... you have inspired me to get back exercising.

Mamacita said...

I agree, you are such an inspiration. Just chalk it up to a bad day...and never give up! Hope your shopping trip was fun! My mom always said shopping cures everything. I must be shopping at the wrong places, because it feels like work to me!

Amy F. said...

Hey, I'll join you in the pity-party;) I wish I could just go back to how I was when I lost all that weight because I was on a roll. Its so hard to just get on track, because I'm like you, I have to be ALL in. I don't like to eat in moderation until I've reached a goal, or until I'm maintaining you know? I am frustrated! Sure I can run good now, but am I on track with my nutrition? NO! So, thank you for posting that and motivating me! I'm gonna do it, starting now. The past doesn't matter, its NOW that matters!

brady lady said...

janel - i graduated from asu with my degree in exercise and wellness, so here is my professional input:

1. stop worrying so much about your weight. with you running and weight lifting, your gaining muscle and at the same time losing fat, muscle weighs more than fat, which maybe one reason why the scale isn't budging.

2. your exercise routine is not suffient enough to see a significant loss in weight. it's a fact that for the 1st 30 minutes of moderate to high intensity cardio exercise, your body's primary source of fuel is carbohydrates. after about 30 minutes of exercise your body switches from carbs to fats, this is where the weight loss begins. inorder to see a significant loss in weight you should be doing between 45 and 60 minutes of cardio per day. 60 minutes is the ideal amount to see the weight come off quickly. this with the combination of weight lifting and diet is the key to weight loss.

i have a lot of knowledge and experience to share. oh and by the way i am your visiting teacher, so if i ever come and visit with you, i'm sure we'll have lots to talk about.

anyways, just trying to help, don't be so hard on yourself. stick to it, you can do it!!

Amber said...

I have been having a pitty-party myself for 10 months now! I am sure everyone is so sick of hearing me complain about it! Ever since I had Adysen I have been having the hardest time even just shedding a pound. I havent given up, but I completely feel your frustration. I have had many days of tears and I am always so frustrated. I feel like I am NEVER going to get this nasty weight off! And I too can feel myself unhappy and wanting to be in "hiding" at this point, which I know is not good either. We will get their Janel..You are right it is definatley harder to lose than to pack on, but we just have to stick with it and we will be there in no time!

Casey said...

Awesome visiting teacher, huh? 60 minutes a day? Sheesh! Don't give up Janel. Just take it day by day and you'll reach your goal! We need to get together again soon!

brady lady said...

i know 60 minutes of cardio a day sounds like a lot and for many it is not feasible, but if you want to see the pounds come off quickly, that is what's recommended. otherwise, it will be a slow weight loss. the contestants on the biggest loser workout 2-3 hours per day and that is why you see them loosing 10-15 pounds per week. now 2-3 hours a day is crazy, but they have a short period of time to lose a massive amount of weight and that is what works. from experiece, i was able to lose 10 pounds in one month, doing cardio for 60 minutes, 5 days a week. so i know that it works. i'm not trying to discourage you anymore, just giving you the facts. they may help, they may not. either way you will get there and it sounds like you're already on the right path. keep it up!

Janel said...

I feel like Casey with the "sheesh!" But I know that Brady is right, if I really want to see the results at the pace I want to see them, I do actually need to work out that much. When I was doing my best I was putting in about 45 minutes a day 6 days a week. I know its all about "you get out of it what you put inot it", and I have been half-assing it and thats why I haven't seen the progress fast enough. I guess the problem is that I do know what it takes, and that is a LOT and I haven't really committed. I just have to get serious, or its not going to happen.

Relief Society Ladies said...

Janel...I loved your pity party...I was having one too that day. The difference is we got off our fat butts and got our day off to a good start. Brady is so right! SOOO RIGHT!!! I guess after 5 1/2 years of college and my degree in Exercise Science...my expert opinion is that something is always better than nothing. We had to start slow, to keep it going. When it is too much all at once...retention is hard and burnout is quick. (why do you think gyms charge you more for a month to month membership? I love working out with you and it get's Brandon out of the house! We will kill it tomorrow. And we ran for 42 min today...so that is good!

Relief Society Ladies said...

That was me up there under relief society ladies. I am so dumb! -LISANNE