Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I LOVE the Olympics!!

I have been taking the time to watch the Olympics this year, it has been so fun! I did fall asleep during the opening Ceremonies because it was late (I was watching it DVR'ed at about 11 pm!) but what I saw was amazing!! Of course now reading this kind of stuff...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080812/ts_afp/oly2008chinaceremonysongfake_080812123027

it dosen't ruin it but sheesh!! And everyone thinks Americans are too image concious!! People are so crazy sometimes!! Chinese Governments in particular!

Anyway I was watching live when the Americans "smashed" the French in the swimming relay, that was so awesome!!






There have been some great moments so far. Swimming has definetly been the highlight. I felt so bad for poor Katie Hoff taking the silver after being ahead that whole race. The looks on their faces, it is amazing to watch. And I haven't even gotten all into the gymnastics yet or my other favorite, track and field!


On another note.......I got a new piano student yesterday! I'm really excited, and she can already play the basics, so that is really going to be fun. I know I don't needing to be adding one more thing to my life but I couldn't help it, she really wants to learn. I need to get to the music store now, which is always fun to go there. My favorite is Milano's. I go there and its like stepping back into my childhood. So fun. It's always good to have an excuse to go to downtown Mesa. Those are my stomping grounds. I went to ballet school there from 2nd grade to 9th grade right on Robson and McDonald street. I mean, I didn't just attend, I practically LIVED there. I had to quit so I could have some sort of life, because it was such an all-encompassing lifestyle. Ballet ballet ballet. ANYway.....
Downtown Mesa is the best, I love the restaurants and the stores. Mango's, Sweet cakes, Old brick house, the antique stores, the Shabby Chic store is the best, I forgot what its called. So fun. Theres probably more that I forgot or didn't know about. So, Day trip to Mesa coing soon. From where I live, its more like a road trip where you have to go potty first and bring a snack! LOL thats ok its worth it!

2 comments:

Cecily said...

We are loving the Olympics too!

I also love down town Mesa. I grew up in Gilbert (many years ago :) when it was just a TOWN and we would go into the city which was down town Mesa thats where my dad worked for the City of Mesa right next to the Library. Sister Milano was my grandmas best friend. Did you know any Goffs that my moms maiden name. I would love to join ya for a trip in sometime. I miss seeing ya at church.

Maddy said...

I loved the realy! Holy cow! We were totally screaming!