Not that I really have anything to update....I'm just such a shameless blog addict, I hate going too long without posting. I love to bore people with my life stories!! HAHA well at least someday when I'm old and senile and telling stories about how I was a Rockette and a backup dancer for Miley Cyrus, my great grandchildren can refer to my blog and know that my old lady stories are a bunch of crap. :D
Tonight I went to see the musical Music Man! at the Hale Theatre. It was good, but the part I thought was funny was before I left I was explaining to the kids where I was going and since I'm so cool I started singing the 76 trombone song and marching around (you know, so they'd really understand it :) and Wyatt looks at me dead serious and says...."Well.......that sounds really stupid." At least I have my Sadie!!! Which by the way she babysat the kids till 11:00 for me and made the boys go to bed. Sweet!
Tomorrow we are speaking in church. Normally I'd say YIKES but I've just done it too many times in my life now and we got a really easy subject, so I'm feeling calm about it. I convinced/forced Cade to play the violin and then I casually mentioned that he should just say a little something about the song he's playing(come come ye saints), you know, that he was in 1856 the musical and his grandpa played it and mabye say something about what he learned about pioneers. He looks at me with this "look" and says "I know what you are trying to do mom, you can't trick me into speaking!" So we'll see if he says anything about it or not. If not, then I guess it will just be kind of random, since it has nothing to do with our topic.
While I was typing this post out I realized that I need to just start a new blog and it will be called "things my kids say" and I'm not going to post the back stories or anything, just the conversations. I've always been bad about writing that stuff down, and they are coming up with some doozies lately. Also, then it won't seem like I'm just bragging on my kids all the time.
I've gotten some decorating done, but I'm not putting up pictures quite yet. Its amazing how the same stuff can look so much better just arranged on different walls. I'm still trying stuff out and moving things around. It is fun to play with!!
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

6 comments:
Hey Janel~
I like the idea of the kids blog. I recently started one for each one of my daughters. I used to do journals for them and still have them, but decided that I would continue them online.
I am using the blogs to write down memories and also some boring day to day stuff. I think they will appreciate it later.
Have a great day!
=)
I can't believe Wyatt said that!
You guys did a great job speaking in church and Cade was so good! I was really impressed.
Oh my gsoh -- Wyatt is so funny. So did Mark go with you after his last musical experience? How was your talk? Awesome I'm sure!
Are you kidding?? Mark would have to get paid at least 100 dollars to go see something like Music man.
Our talks were pretty good. Mine was OK, Marks was AWESOME but he got shortchanged on time.......and Cade was great. YAY us!! LOL
Hi Natty, I'm so glad you are posting!!
Janel, I miss seeing you guys at church. Sounds like things are good. I went to Music Man also. I love Hale Center. Let me know if you have time, I need a color and cut. I can come there or you can come here one night and have people come who need one. Let me know. Thanks
Post a Comment