Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend Revisited

It was one of those weekends that was great, but I'm glad its over. I've been working up to it since tuesday, since there is no way possible for one person to get everything in line in 2 days. And it dosen't help that I have this crazy idea that no family event can take place without my laundry completely caught up and my closet totally organized. I mean, what if someone goes in there and sees a mess?? Stupid, I know. And I always start prep early, because you never know what will get thrown at you unexpectedly, which was of course the case this time, with a 5 hour babysitting adventure and a couple of desperate color clients. Its all good, thats why I start early, to fit all the last minute stuff in. Here are the highlights:

Saturday I got up super early and got the dinner made for after the baptism. Lucky for me Cooper picked Chili (thank you, crockpots!) and cornbread, and the classic famiy favorite, Jello cake. All yummy and easiy made ahead of time, simultaneously. Then off to take womens conference, which was delightful and ended almost an hour earlier than expected, bonus for me! Got home, had about 1 hour to get the car packed up, the kids dressed, and re-do the things the kids un-did while I was gone for 3 1/2 hours on a saturday. Got to the Stake center 30 minutes early, and we rocked and rolled a great baptism. Cooper is such a sweetheart! I'm so proud of him and he really has an understanding of what it means. My MIL and little sister did a great job on their talks and the whole thing was short and sweet. One other sweet moment was when Cade realized that he will only be 15 when Dayton turns 8 and he won't be able to be the one to baptize him. He was pretty bummed out. How adorable is that?? He suggested we wait for him to turn 16, but I don't think that will happen. Its a nice idea though.





So we get home, the fam came over for some grub and then I went with my mom and baby sister Em to look at prom dresses. I was exhausted, but I wanted to get out and relax with some girl time. I even hit the Bath and Body outlet store for some treats for me. Prom dress got purchased, shoes, etc and then I headed home to officially crash. Well, I watched some UFC before I crashed. I do find it mildly entertaining. I was pretty tired an don't remember much of it. I even skipped choir this morning, I was just too wiped out. I haven't really eaten or slept good since about tuesday, so I was (and still am) a little hammered. Luckily primary was really low key today. It was all worth it. I loved every minute of it.

And I think I'll schedule a 1 hour massage for tuesday.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a cute dad/son picture on baptism day!! How sweet he wants to baptize Cade.
Way to get through a crazy week!!

Elizabeth said...

Aw! Cade, you are such a sweetheart. I am glad I went! Robert was complaining on the way over to your house that it was Saturday and I had Church-y music on. I told him point blank, I was going to keep the Spirit as long as possible! :) The food was great too! I have NEVER had chili with rice before! I loved it.

Ann said...

The baptism was so sweet! I am excited for Benjamin's. I hope you got your massage!

Cecily said...

Cooper looks so handsome! I just love little boys they are so sweet and special. It sounded like everything went great. I like that you have the child thats being baptized pick out the food they want. That makes it just that much more of thier own special day. You are such a great mom!

Maddy said...

So did you get a massage?

Best baptism ever! I loved that I was home at a decent hour!!! Your family is too cute.

How funny that you guys watched UFC on Saturday night too. You should have just come with us to our UFC party so you could have some girls to talk to!