Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I know, I know!

OK so call it a case of the winter blahs, but yes I realize it is practically March. I have been hard at work playing angry birds on my phone and avoiding all but the most critical of chores, so judge all you want!!! LOL Finally sometime last week (days are kind of flowing together so I can't be sure) I started a major home takeover/major make-under. I got pretty far with it, and I got my craft room put back together and set up so hopefully I can get back into the swing of ME again and not be so overwhelmed (or underwhelmed-whatever). There are SO many things I want to work on!! I have a VERY busy summer and the usual spring insanity so I kind of had to pull myself out of hibernation. It was SO much more fun to watch Regis and Kelly and the Doctors every day!! But now, I gotta work. The list is long, and NOT glamorous but here are some fun projects I wanna tackle in 2011:

Paint over all the red: Entryway will become muted large diamond pattern, fam room wall to match the rest

Repaint kitchen (including cabintes, add hardware, bakers rack, pantry overhaul)

Backyard (can I get a triple woo hoo!!!)

Flooring (I think I have Mark convinced to tackle this one as well)

Slipcover upstairs couches and move them downstairs, lighten up all decor (the black and red is depressing me)

Laundry room: (I would call it a make over, but its never been "made" the first time so we'll just say......functionalize it

Its sounds like a LOT, but the plans I have are ALL DIY and really just surface stuff. The back yard is the biggie, but the one I can't live without. I've gone almost 3 years.....at this rate we'll have grandkids that can't go out back and play. The flooring is gonna be a HUGE job but not very expensive, Mark can do concrete on it. Everything else is paint, fabric, and elbowgrease. If and when I get to each of these tasks, there will be LOTS of before and afters.

1 comment:

mtcowgirl said...

I'm watching for less expensive tickets on Allegiant to come down after Nick gets back from Hawaii. If you've got a project going then I'd love to help!