We have been having a few fun adventures. 2 weeks ago we went camping again up at Roosevelt lake. My sis Katie and her hubs brought the boat so they could fish and we could do some kneeboarding and tubing. The kids and I went on a friday afternoon and got the spot picked out (our best spot was taken already, dangit but we made do) We hauled all our stuff in and Sadie and I put up both tents (in the wind) all by ourselves. YAY us!! Yes, we totally rock!
Later on my brother Jason and his little girl came and my sis Katie and her hubby made it too. We grilled some chicken kabobs and zuccini and S'mores. The next morning after some yummy breakfast burritos and cakes cooked in oranges, we took off on the boat and relaxed and played. I was so proud of Cooper, he was killin it on the kneeboard, and got up on his second try!! He is a kneeboard nut!! I remember trying for months to get up on a kneeboard as a teenager, and my 9 year old nails it his first time out. Sheesh. He had a blast! We all did, actually. I sure wasn't loving packing it all up and and hauling it back to the car though. Luckily all the guys were there to help out.
The next adventure was Cade and Mark heading out to Scout/priesthood camp. They camped all week and had a great experience.
The next really big deal was this past weekend the of July. We went to Thatcher, Mark had tos tay home and work, poor guy! Someday he might get a fun weekend like normal people, hopefully! Friday we just didn't do much, just relaxed, and then Saturday afternoon we went to the Cluff Pond. It was fun. We canoed (and when I say we I mean my brother Jason and Cade) everything to the opposite bank because it was kind of crowded with drunk lake-folk so we found our own spot. The kids swam their rumps off in their life jackets and collected a bunch of cattails which they just thought were the bomb. They also got to play with some fun tiny frogs that their cousin Taylor had collected.
After we got home from the pond the kids were playing in the backyard and Cooper picked up a rock and a scorpion bit him on the finger. Within 45 minutes he was having blurred vision and numbness so we called poison control and took him to the ER. I felt SO bad for him, he was is so much pain and so out of it. His eyeballs were bouncing and he couldn't really see anything, and he was just hurting all over. He was able to get the anti venom serum and get better relatively quickly. He is feeling like the hero now! I didn't get any pics of the experience, I guess I was a little, uh, busy dealing with the situation :D We missed the fireworks, but I was so exhausted that I didn't really care.
One last new adventure, my mom, sister Em, her BF Trent and my bro Jason played a crazy amount of Settlers of Catan. I am going thru withdrawls tonight, I swear. We stayed up till 2 am playing on saturday night and almost that late on Friday night! I had played one time in Utah at Christines, but every time I play I lean how to do better so it is addicting! I'm going to have to get it and teach Mark and the big kids to play so I can feed my addiction! LOL
Now Cade is in TX at fiddle/guitar camp, and then headed to Minnesota for the family reunion. I'm not sure we will all be going, so the rest of our summer will be like a surprise....we'll see what happens. Hopefully you are all having a fun summer adventure!

2 comments:
Whew! Slow down sista! I guess you can't when you have five kids who want to be on the go all summer. You are amazing to take the kids on trips all by yourself.
Hopefully we get to see you guys before we head out...less than 3 weeks...yikes!
Great pictures. Sounds like you have been having so much fun. So glad Cooper is alright.
Looking forward to the next update and pictures of course!
Hugs, Bobbi Jo
Post a Comment