It hasn't been going super well, which would explain my lack of posting. My trip, however, was really awesome!!! I got in to Missoula pretty late, and just 2 chapters short of finishing Twilight!! Oh yeah, it was really really good! We stayed a a B&B just outside town, a HUGE house from the 70's, but comfy and gorgeous view. The owner was a french lady who made us a great breakfast, I hadn't eaten more than a bite or two in a couple days so it really hit the spot. And who could argue with dessert for breakfast?? LOL So we headed back to Great Falls and I spent the majority of the time sleeping or just hanging out. It was really cold (for me, anyway) but I managed to stay warm the whole time. It was good to feel some crisp air for a change. The main event was probably the scary cowboy bar we went to to hear our friend Mary Lu sing. It was the "Ramble Inn". LOL It was pretty scary in there, talk about some creepy rednecks, I'm tellin ya. I think they were all named Sea Bass!!! LOL It was like out of a movie or something. Like my moms boyfriend Ron says "It looks like some of those guys haven't seen real people in quite a while". I felt pretty out of my element, I felt like I had a big spotlight over my head with all the wierd looks I was getting. Oh well It was a cultural experience, and I only got asked to dance once, Yikes. The next day we went out shopping and just hanging around, I took another nap of course and then went to bed early. It felt so good to SLEEP uninterupted! Then Monday we went out to the quilt shop and I got to pick material for a quilt that my mom is making me...I am SO excited!! It will be gorgeous. Then I set up a blog for my mom and then it was already time to head back to the airport. It was very low-key and uneventful....which was exactly what I needed!!!! I think my camera batteries are low so I can't get any pics off of it yet but hopefully I will be able to tomorrow.
Like I said, I had a rough first day back yesterday, just overwhelmed with the house that was filthy, a very full week of activities and hair to do, and I ran my car into my closed garage door, so that was pretty bad. And you would think that the kids having me back would be all on their good behavior, but lets just say I lost it last night amd officially cancelled Christmas. So far I haven't seen much of an effort to redeem themselves, so it may be a permanent cancellation.
I have spent the entire day today deep cleaning my house, I'm almost half done so I'm feeling more like myself again. I even put up Thanksgiving decorations (they are kind of lame, but the kids like it) since I was so innocently asked by Ellie yesterday at her piano lesson "Did you forget to take down your Halloween decorations???" LOL I thought it was pretty funny. Things are getting back to normal, and hopefully with some new law enforcement around the house it will be better than before! Santa is definetly keeping tabs on things around here.
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

8 comments:
Oh my daughter is so tactful. She must have gotten it from me. Open mouth. Insert foot!
It sounds like you had SO MUCH FUN! I am so jealous. Naps? Reading books? Shopping? FUN FUN!
I'm glad you liked the books. We're reading them for book club tomorrow night and everyone thought I was crazy for insisting we discuss all 3. They thought reading that many pages in a month was impossible, but now they realized how right I was! You should come!
So glad you had a relaxing time. Hope things get back to normal soon.
Ok, so I just started taking down my Halloween decorations this morning and that was just a few of them. Isn't it like Christmas, you can keep them up for a week after??
So glad you had fun... sounds so delightful. I really need a trip like that someday soon. And welcome to the Twilight addiction club. I'm halfway through the 3rd and they're sooo good- just very time and life consuming so watch out! Sorry about the rough time you're having. Just go back to the nice weekend you had and relish in those good feelings. We need to do lunch before I'm too busy with a newborn sometime!
I hope Ellie doesn't come over to my house any time soon!...it's still Halloween around here.
So glad you had fun! It' not fun having to go back to reality and a messy house!
I love that you canceled Christmas. That is so funny! I hope they can pull it together for Santa to get here.
Hey girl no matter how crazy those kids make you at least you have them. just scroll down your blogg to the picture of dayton in that storm trooper costume and it will definately make you smile.
I already knew Christmas was cancelled, a very distraught Sadie told me. I think it's hilarious! I just reminded her that if she and her brothers pulled it together...Christmas might come afterall. ;)
I love that Sadie told Cassey! HAHA! Wait to put them in place officer Janel! :) Your trips sounds amazing. Cody served his mission there. I took him back as a surprise right after we got married. I was definently in amazement at life style differences for sure! I don't think we hit up Missoula, but we saw enough in the other places. I know he served there for sure though. Sorry this is a comment all about me.. oops!
Well, glad you had a fab time and mostly glad you got good sleep and are reading twilight series!!! LOVE THEM!!
Post a Comment