Monday, September 04, 2006

HI HO

Yes, we've been busy. I'm quickly finding out that when one member of the family goes to the police academy, the whole family is going to the police academy. hahaha Even though he's had basically a 4 day weekend with labor day, theres still so much to do, and I know Mark is stressed. Not crazy stressed, but just, ya know. We did go relax with the kids and some friends at the pool today, we are all kinda crashed now. The kids are gonna sleep like rocks tonight.

I did pretty great last week, ate clean and worked out really hard. I had a little "thing" on saturday and I missed my last HIIT, but I had done tons of cardio all week so I think it was OK, althoguh I was bummed to not get in 6 solid days. I was all gung ho when I woke up Saturday and I took 3 thermodynamX on an empty stomach. By the time I got to the gym I was doubled over in stomach pain. Why did I do that??? That was so stupid. I tried to start walking on the treadmill but really, I just couldn't, it was terrible. I went across the street to the healthfood market and got some raw almonds to try to settle my stomach.The first half of my freeday was ruined because of the stupid pills. DOH! We went to a family party and I did OK, I had some roast beef on a roll, then another, and some potato salad and a pudding dessert thing. Not bad. Sunday I ate OK, but I did have a handful of chips and a little Debbie thing, but otherwise clean. Sundays are SOOOOOOO hard for me. THen today being a holiday, we ordered Papa Johns but I passed. I made a big salad and had some skinless rotisserie chicken. WOO HOOO! No pizza for me!!! I also made it to the gym on this holiday and did a really good leg workout and 30 mins of HIGH incline walking....30% incline!! WOO HOO! It was tough. The gym was really crowded too,I was lucky to get a climber. I did sneak 2 plastic forkfuls of fatfree sherbert...EEEK! I gotta quit these stupid little cheats. Tonight I am spending helping Mark get ready for tests tomorrow, getting his clothes ready and getting things together for my week coming up. I had a 2 lb loss,and I know I lost inches all around, I need to do it again! I CAN! I really feel the fire getting hotter for this challenge. I'm doing it for real, with the spray tan, pro pics,the whole thing and sending it in. I need to have a bod worthy of it with some serious definition this time.

Last night I was reading the blogs of some figure comp girls, WOW was that an eye opener. They are SO dedicated!! I can feel that attitude deep down, I really can. That "wild monkeys can't keep me from what I want" attitiude. I have it, I need to fuel it more. I will surely be reading more of that stuff.

Right now, I got to get my supermom on and get some shiznit taken care of around here and get my week set up for perfection!!! (or close to it)

12 comments:

Lori said...

How is Mark liking the academy? Hopefully more than I did. :)

You did awesome to pass up Papa John's. Wow!!!

You are going to do a great job on this challenge.

Lori

Colorado Kid said...

Good to see all is good!!!! So had Marked decided if he likes the academy or hates it???

I agree with you those ladies who compete are very dedicated. When Tracy Jeffries sent those photos to Lori I just about died!!! She has really been dedicated!!!

We can all do it, if our other lives would just slow down for just a minute so we could all catch our breath!!!

Again, good to hear from you guys..

Casey

Janel said...

Well,,, I wouldn't say he LIKES the academy. I keep telling him how lucky he is that he is getting PAID to workout! LOL They are really killing everhbody on the fitness front, but luckily he started in pretty good shape, so he's doing well there. He;s looking GREAT.The whole report writing and note revising is pretty taxing, but he'll just about have his associates degree finished when its all over. They only yell at them in the morning inspection so far, hopefully that will stay the same, its not too terrible. OF course everybody likes him and he's naturally the one the guys all call for questions and look up to. So far so good. 5 tests tomorow....if you fail 3 tests during the academy your OUT so we need all your fingers crossed and prayers!!! Graduation in 19 weeks!!!!! LOL

Pamela said...

Sounds Like quite the adventure.. best of luck to Mark on the Tests!!!
& YAY you for wanting to find that "mindset" Me too! just as soon as I get past this PMS & can step away from the M&M's !!!

Unknown said...

I loved that line...gotta get my supermom on. :o)

You did great passing up the pizza! You can do this. Can't wait to see the end result!

Anonymous said...

WOW...a loss of 2 lbs and inches!! WOO HOO!! You are doing awesome. Keep it up girl...and get some rest!

Donna said...

Oh, I know all too well about the Police Academy. I remember when Danny went, ugghh! He had to type his notes up every night and I just couldn't bear to watch him one finger it. I ended up typing his notes every night. It was a stressful 6 months, but it went by fast. It's just a distant memory now.

Hey, we got Papa Johns last night too. Unfortunately, I was not as good as you. I ate it, bad me!

Janel said...

Well I WISH he could type the stuff, it all has to be hand printed, block style,and only 1 white out mark (as in 1 letter corrected) per page. This weekend he had 2- 250 word essays (which is a joke because the info they had to contain was double that) and a 1500 word autobiography. HAND written. Then he had to rwrite aobut 15 pages of notes into certain format.Luckily he has really nice block printing already, and is good with grammar and spelling, because that all gets graded strictly too. CRAZY!!!!

Kimberly said...

He has to hand write his reports? Is that typical? I should ask LB if they ever have to do that. The only ones I help him with are typewritten and those are a pain. He's emailing them to me for editing all day long.

I wonder if the powers-that-be at the Academy know how much the wives deserve a certification at graduation, too!

I read your original post on the blends forum about how hard Sundays are and always meant to give this suggestion. Maybe spending some meditation or more intense self-hypnosis time (did you get that book Jennifer recommended yet- it's on my list of purchases for this month) on Sundays would help your focus. It's supposed to be a spiritually rejuvenating day, so if you could find a way to focus on how your spiritual beliefs are related to your health goals on that day, it might help. I remember doing meditation sessions with a woman on certain biblical scriptures once and she really got something out of it.

Can't wait to see your awesome results at the end of this numero uno challenge!

Julie said...

Way to go Janel!! Keep on kicking some butt!

Stef said...

Hi Janel~

Just checking in...

=)

smilingsarahbear said...

I'm so, so sorry for not getting back to you. I would looove to have lunch with you some time... as long as it's cheap. Sorry! We're just so broke it's not even funny. Maybe we could just meet up somewhere some time. I'm finally ready, mentally this time, to start and finish a challenge. My start date is 9-11! I would love to have you as a support buddy as you're such an inspiration to me! Let me know if you want my number or what days are good for you to meet up. Keep up the great work. You're awesome!